No announcement yet.

Reinstalling 1100G exhaust (stock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got everything in place fairly easily.
    Like I said, probably spent most time with the long bolt / short bolt situation at the muffler mount.

ANd I was quite particular about putting in each exhaust flange bolt. Made sure I got a good eyeball on everything, to see that things were lined up straight.
    SonInLaw got this picture (unbeknownst to me at the time, sneaky guy, says he is repaying me)

And then the clamps below

And then we had lunch at his favorite place in town

So, even though folks were suggesting opposite approaches to reinstalling exhaust, it seems that everyone did contribute some words of wisdom that I used.

Thanks.

I should update my project thread. (It is behind by about three different problems-setbacks.) But I need to get back out there and finish up a few things. Might warm back up to the low 60s in a couple days.

(wife keeps asking " ... ... ... and THEN is it done?")
    Last edited by Redman; 11-06-2021, 02:20 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A little late now, but for me studs work better than bolts, to attach the exhaust to the head. Just slide the collar up on them & they hang there till you add the nut on, no holding them while getting the bolt lined up down in there without cross-threading, then less than 1/2 the chance to twist bolt off, in the head, if (when) it gets seized. Also use plenty of anti-seize on threads. Bike work went well & belly got full...what else can you ask for??...Congrats.
      Last edited by rphillips; 11-06-2021, 06:01 PM.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
      X