Advice and parts for gs1100 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice and parts for gs1100 turbo

Putting togeather a turbo kit for a gs1100 draw thru got the motor will be an 1140 or 1325 kit
    any suggestions on what works best , Mr turbo ,spider atp header, and manifold, Rajay ef40 or ff40
    or another brand looking for advice
    thanks in advance

And I put an ad in the wanted section for parts

Comment

A member, "oldgsfan" if I recall correctly, has recently rebuilt an 11EZ (1982) Mr Turbo that holds a land speed record.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes, mine is a Rajay draw through setup, with a Mikuni HSR42, runs well, just use premium fuel, nothing special. I think it's a 370 series as that's the manual I have.

HP about 185 rear wheel at 15lbs but had some issues with rear wheel balance and was about 115 degrees out, so there's more to be had I think but it's plenty. It's stock displacement, with some HP cam and 7.8:1 Arias pistons - I believe. I never opened it up to see but have receipts. It was built when new by Don Vesco's shop with the kit.

I have no idea where you could get one now. It's pretty old school, so what works best these days I can't say, I'm no expert.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

This 1977 Rickman Kawasaki CRT1400 turbo just came up in my CL search. It says it has a Wiseco turbo kit but hmm, did they make turbo kits? Looks like the one on the Z1R-TC, ATP kit with the early style header that's been called the 'log'. Pretty sweet bike, and I don't think the asking price is ridiculous.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
          '79 GS100E
          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Agreed I thought they. Wiseco just made the piston kits.
            Odd place for the Wastegate

Comment

Didn’t look close 1st time. My bad
              is that maybe an o2 sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                I don't think the asking price is ridiculous.
                Neither do I ($24,000).

But those side covers need some attention, and that blue on the engine is a cry for help.
                Last edited by Rob S.; 11-14-2021, 05:26 AM.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah I agree about the blue for sure.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  Neither do I ($24,000).

But those side covers need some attention, and that blue on the engine is a cry for help.
                  Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Its still super Cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X