Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New, 166 mph high speed rail hitting the tracks to service northeast U S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, 166 mph high speed rail hitting the tracks to service northeast U S.

It's about time the country stepped up to the plate with high speed passenger trains.
    Last edited by dpep; 11-05-2021, 06:54 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Looks like they are ahead of us in the east . They've been talking about a Vancouver, Seattle, Portland one here for years..... Perfect terrain for it if somebody opens their wallet .....
    A report outlines the next steps British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon would have to take for high-speed rail linking Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Looks like they are ahead of us in the east . They've been talking about a Vancouver, Seattle, Portland one here for years..... Perfect terrain for it if somebody opens their wallet .....
      https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vanc...oject-planning

A high speed train ride is something I've not done before.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        I took the bullet train from Amsterdam to Paris . The thing that I found remarkable was watching the weather change .......
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

I took the bullet train from Amsterdam to Paris . The thing that I found remarkable was watching the weather change .......
          Me too! Like air travel but without the additional security and baggage check hassles, a plane is quicker but once you add in the various security checks and pre-flight boarding procedures the train comes out the better choice. City centre to city centre can't ask for more than that. The once you're in Paris the Metro, R n R and hop on hop off bus, zero need for a car.

It's been talked about in Alberta as well but with only a million or so people at either end of the line it doesn't look financially sound. Government might help out in the build with land right of way but it'll need to be a private initiative.
          Last edited by wyly; 11-05-2021, 04:55 PM.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            waaay better than a plane! Spacious seating, room to stretch your legs, go for a walk to the dining car or have a beer in the lounge.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
              waaay better than a plane! Spacious seating, room to stretch your legs, go for a walk to the dining car or have a beer in the lounge.
              Yeah I was impressed with that too .... Lots of room to stretch out. And we were in 2nd class so I wonder what 1st class is like ? .....
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah I was impressed with that too .... Lots of room to stretch out. And we were in 2nd class so I wonder what 1st class is like ? .....
                If you don't fly first class...your children will!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

When I left Adak Alaska, my trip back to the U.S. was by train. It was a long ride, and a great one. Going through the mountains was anything but high speed though. lol

Comment

Well, before we get too excited that 166mph was on a test track, not between DC and Boston.

I would love to see real high speed rail in the US though. Been on those type trains in Korea and Taiwan, it made a believer out of me. We've just moved to the DC area, it'd be great to get to Penn Station in NYC in a couple of hours.
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                      Well, before we get too excited that 166mph was on a test track, not between DC and Boston.

I would love to see real high speed rail in the US though. Been on those type trains in Korea and Taiwan, it made a believer out of me. We've just moved to the DC area, it'd be great to get to Penn Station in NYC in a couple of hours.

I would love to see a 350 mph bullet train, but it would probably have to be an elevated monorail for that speed. Striking a stalled 18 wheeler on the tracks would be dreadfully annoying at 350 mph and could topple the Mint juleps. heh

Comment

California is getting a high speed rail between downtown Los Angles to San Francisco. Guaranteed travel time of 2 hours and 40 mins, according to the voter approved proposition which started the funding. Tens of $Billons over budget and decades behind schedule but who's counting? Oh, and the actual travel time will be MUCH slower than the voters approved. So goes it in the nations most "progressive" state.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

So much for the Campfire Earl .... Politics just showed up again .....
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vanc...oject-planning
                            Would love to see a high speed train down the whole west coast, Vancouver, BC to San Diego. Can you imagine?!
                            Last edited by RustyTank; 11-05-2021, 08:44 PM.
                            Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                            1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Honestly, we're all probably gonna die waiting for a high speed train system to be put in place in the U.S., and by the time my kid is an adult Musk's Hyperloop will be installed all over the country so...I dunno
                              Last edited by RustyTank; 11-05-2021, 11:55 PM.
                              Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                              1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Working...
                              X