Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 crankcases

Hi all
    maybe a long shot this, i have re built this engine as far as the head is now on but can not index gears, taken sump off and one of the selector forks has not engaged in the gears and is hanging loose, is it possible to split the cases again without taking the barrels and head off again or do i just totally strip down again.
    thanks
    andyp, 1977 GS750B 8 Valve engine

Hmmm…maybe this guys thread will help.. or he can offer clues!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by andyp62 View Post
      Hi all
      maybe a long shot this, i have re built this engine as far as the head is now on but can not index gears, taken sump off and one of the selector forks has not engaged in the gears and is hanging loose, is it possible to split the cases again without taking the barrels and head off again or do i just totally strip down again.
      thanks
      I think the answer is yes you can. You have to be super careful with the bearing location dowels and the gearbox bearing semi circular location thingies that go into the case and bearing as all these are on the lower case, if you don't disturb them at all it should all drop back together. There's also the plate behind the clutch with the countersunk screws.
      I remember doing this on a 1000 that i had put a longer bolt through engine mount on the bottom ccase and punched a neat hole.
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Fortunately, you can split the cases without even removing the valve cover, if the engine is out of the bike already. I tell EVERYONE that starts working on their bike, if you don't have one already, BUY A SUZUKI FACTORY SHOP MANUAL!!!!!!!
        Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X