Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I get an ID on this Suzuki non-runner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I get an ID on this Suzuki non-runner?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks!

80 or 81 GS 750 L (or 1100L?)by the seat. Handlebars are not stock.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      80 or 81 GS 750 L (or 1100L?)by the seat. Handlebars are not stock.
      Nice! Good to know, thank you. It's $100 -- do you see any red-flags why it wouldn't be a good project bike?

Comment

Lots of things you can’t tell from a picture.

Does it run?
        Does it charge?
        Do all the lights work?
        Is it inspected?/ Would it pass a state inspection, assuming your state has this requirement?
        Big One. Is there a title? Or can one be easily obtained? If not, it’s a pile of parts.
        For $100 I might buy it just for the spares it would supply for my bike.

If this is going to be your first bike, it’s a good deal, maybe. But don’t expect it to be a good runner without a lot of work and money. Read the Newbie mistakes thread linked in my signature. It’s a good place to start.

What info have you gotten from the seller?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by portlandrider View Post
          Nice! Good to know, thank you. It's $100 -- do you see any red-flags why it wouldn't be a good project bike?
          It's an L....

Seriously though the 1100L with the 16v and chain drive are pretty rare. Mechanically it's as good a bet as any other 16v model with the same issues for charging etc. The Carbs would be worth more than $100 if you ended up needing to part it out......
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Lots of things you can’t tell from a picture.

Does it run?
            Does it charge?
            Do all the lights work?
            Is it inspected?/ Would it pass a state inspection, assuming your state has this requirement?
            Big One. Is there a title? Or can one be easily obtained? If not, it’s a pile of parts.
            For $100 I might buy it just for the spares it would supply for my bike.

If this is going to be your first bike, it’s a good deal, maybe. But don’t expect it to be a good runner without a lot of work and money. Read the Newbie mistakes thread linked in my signature. It’s a good place to start.

What info have you gotten from the seller?
            It doesn't run and there is a title. The seller is the home owner but hasn't ever touched the bike; the story is unknown atm. I am going to check it out today and will give it a surface level inspection: tank rust, lights/charge, cables condition, and so on. This would be my second bike -- I have a Honda Shadow 04. My goal is to have a bike I could work on over the winter, get it running and have small fun with, and sell it.

Comment

You can definitely have fun & you can 99% likely get it running. Just don't expect a huge profit when you sell it if you bring it back to life right... bringing these things back has to be more for love than anything else.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                You can definitely have fun & you can 99% likely get it running. Just don't expect a huge profit when you sell it if you bring it back to life right... bringing these things back has to be more for love than anything else.
                Thanks for the support

I am slightly sad to see it has no stock paint. The colorways I see online are so sweet.

Comment

Not a GS1100 head, top cooling fin on head would be a 1/2 fin...If I remember correctly. That being said that means a plain bearing crankshaft instead of a roller bearing...Not near as bullet proof...But for $100, how bad could it be???... for a project.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                    Not a GS1100 head, top cooling fin on head would be a 1/2 fin...If I remember correctly. That being said that means a plain bearing crankshaft instead of a roller bearing...Not near as bullet proof...But for $100, how bad could it be???... for a project.
                    A poster on a different forum suggested the background bike (a Honda) is a parts bike for this current Suzuki. Could be a frankenstein bike

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

One thing you might want off that Honda to put on the Suzuki would be the regulator/rectifier.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

L (by general style) (one of the few years the L had chain drive and 16valve engine)

1980 or after (by type of carbs) (and fact it is an L).

Stock except for bars and paint.

With the seat cover separating and it parked outside like that, if seat cushion has been getting wett over time can expect the seat pan to be rusted out.
                            Exhaust not bad. Makes me think hasn't been sitting outside to too long.

Comment

Do we have an id on the Honda? Has it's frame been molested?
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X