GKs are unusual . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GKs are unusual . . . .

In another thread the discussion was about the price/value of a specific GS1100G for sale on CL.

THen the discussion went on about the value of GKs.

Originally posted by willie
    I had a really nice GK a number of years ago. I was very surprised and disappointed that it didn't bring anywhere close to what my G sold for. Very odd, in my opinion.

Originally posted by ddaniels
    GK has a fairly small following. Not a lot of folks looking for a full faired bagger AND an old school Suzuki at the same time.
    Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2021, 10:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

I suppose Mr D Daniels is correct.
    GKs are strange and unique.
    Must be they then need strange and unique folks that would want one.

And GKs are fairly rare.

Very seldom see one GK,
    ANd is very rare to ever see two of them in one place at the same time.
    Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2021, 10:59 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

But that did happen once, here at Brown County rally in 2016.

Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Am joking bout the GK owners also being unusual and strange.
        THe picture is Mr D Daniels on left, and me on right. He sold his within a year or two. I still have mine.
        So, maybe only half the GK owners are unusual and strange.

Comment

Glad to know us regular GS owners aren't "unusual", oh wait....
          1986 1150EF
          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Hey, I resemble that remark...
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I did enjoy my GK while I had it and it was nice to have the bags and wind protection and it was a great runner that only let me down once on my way to Steve's place (battery died). I only sold it because a GSX1100G popped up for sale locally and I hadn't scratched that itch yet. One test ride was all it took.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

In early 1980 I had an GS850G with the full Vetter pkg. and loved it but decided I needed a Goldwing. But the Goldwing just wasn't for me. When I found a GK at a good price from a guy that did not get his wife approval before he bought it I jumped on it. I really loved the GK.
                IMG_3014 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr
                Jerry
                1981 GS650E
                1982 GS1100E
                2018 Can AM Spyder
                1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Jerry, 83..? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Jerry, 83..? ..
                    With the black engine, it's not going to be an '82, so likely an '83 or '84.

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
                      With the black engine, it's not going to be an '82, so likely an '83 or '84.
                      Not aware of an '84 11E, at least not in this vicinity.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes it was an 83 and I dearly loved that bike. Wish I still had it.
                        Jerry
                        1981 GS650E
                        1982 GS1100E
                        2018 Can AM Spyder
                        1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Oh, didn’t notice the black
                          engine. Yep: 83.

I noticed the larger foot pegs, and thought the color of the two tone scheme was 83, and I kinda know was lot less 84s than 83.

Comment

Dave,I'm glad you've assembled your engine and taken your GK out a time or two;do you think the engine's broken-in yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                              . . . . ., . ;do you think the engine's broken-in yet ?
                              A 1/2 hour ride (without fairing) and a 3/4th hour ride (complete reassembly). SMoking less by end of 2nd ride. Then weather got cold and rainy, then I was gone for 10 days, now cold and snowy and windy.

Comment

Working...
                              X