GKs are unusual . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Not aware of an '84 11E, at least not in this vicinity.
    Overall discussion/thread is about GKs and specific comment were about photo of GK.

GKs were 82 (GKZ, and GK2 were late82s), 83 and were a few 84. (THen the Cavelcades came out).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I wish I had a GK. I've seen two for sale in my area over the last 2 or 3 years. Both sat for a long time before they sold. If I had the cash and space at the time, I would have bought one of them.

I have the space now, cash though...
      - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

This is my 82 GK that I sold a couple years ago. I had 6 bikes at the time and my wife said I should sell one because at 76 years old I did not need 6 bikes.
        IMG_3217 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr
        Jerry
        1981 GS650E
        1982 GS1100E
        2018 Can AM Spyder
        1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          This is my 82 GK that I sold a couple years ago. I had 6 bikes at the time and my wife said I should sell one because at 76 years old I did not need 6 bikes.
          . . . . . IMG_3217 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr
          Nice ! Really Nice !

So "5" is the appropiate number.
          Last edited by Redman; 12-08-2021, 02:50 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post
            I wish I had a GK. ...

Maybe we can talk, next year, or year after.

Comment

I thought so at the time but now I am down to 3 road ready bikes and one Quad for playing in the dirt
              But I am on the lookout for an other project GS
              Jerry
              1981 GS650E
              1982 GS1100E
              2018 Can AM Spyder
              1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Oh my! Don't tempt me unless you're serious... I'm not in a hurry but if/when you're interested in selling, PLEASE let me know. I'm not too far east of you. I live near Flint.
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!

Comment

A 1/2 hour ride (without fairing) and a 3/4th hour ride (complete reassembly). SMoking less by end of 2nd ride. Then weather got cold and rainy, then I was gone for 10 days, now cold and snowy and windy.
                  Ah,the cold weather holding up riding;I'll never get used to the change of seasons..

The bike's looking good Dave !

Comment

I've seen several GK's for sale online in Pa. over the last few years. They were mostly in pretty good shape by the photos. The pre pandemic prices were reasonable. One of those deals when if you want one, they're hard to find.
                    Here's a well-used '82 in upstate New York (Geneva) on Facebook marketplace. 3-month-old ad. Claims it runs. $900. negotiable. You'd have to have a F%#*book log in to see it.

Redman, that is a very sweet one that you posted!
                    1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

What? Say it isn't so!
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                        What? Say it isn't so!
                        Eh, Some days I say " I really like this bike, I will have it as long as I can ride such a bike."
                        Other days I say "Ah, I wanna be riding, not wrenching an older bike."

Comment

I'm not one for many accoutrements on a bike, Redman...but this bike is gorgeous as it looks in the photo presented.

As I've mentioned before, I didn't start riding a motorcycle until the age of 44...and it was after I retired from 25 years of service in the USAF.

I didn't want to start out on a large bike...but why the crotch-rocket? I suppose I was influenced by a rider who assumed I was mature enough to start with it.

First off, maturity plays a small role but before that comes tons of needed experience and guidance from trust-worthy mentors.

The reason I preface this with your thread is, your riding stages (because you've been riding for a long time) has developed to a point where you (and others) want something more out of a bike. It's a mature progression (and I'm not calling you old) that has to have a beginning filled with those trust-worthy mentors I mentioned and lots of riding experience.

I've got more to say but I feel like I'm taking the long way to explain this...lol

The GK is smaller than the Honda Goldwing and definitely not a Harley full-size motorcycle...I've never thought about trying to negotiate either of those bikes.

So my thought is, you wanted to stay within a certain range in the GS1100 size but didn't want the Full-Size bikes mentioned above.

I'd sooner try the GK than the other larger bikes...that's for sure.

And like I said, I'm not about the bulky accoutrements but somehow the ones on your GK don't look half bad. lol

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I have appreciated said "accoutrements" on my bikes for over 40 years. I think that MY bike just looks a bit too naked without them.

My riding style is not "full-out Gonzo" like I hear from many of you, so all the extra "stuff" does not hinder me.

Comment

Dave, did you get the GK out yesterday? I took my 850L on the thumb loop yesterday. PERFECT weather for it.

Comment

Nope.
                                But have had shadow500 out twice (wet dirty roads) and RT once when roads were dry. (Both have posting in “went for ride”. With further description.)

GK next after get rain to wash salt off the road.
                                (I haven’t been available last couple days, nor will I for the week.)

Comment

Working...
                                X