Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Nope.
    But have had shadow500 out twice (wet dirty roads) and RT once when roads were dry. (Both have posting in “went for ride”. With further description.)

GK next after get rain to wash salt off the road.
    (I haven’t been available last couple days, nor will I for the week.)
    Gotcha. Thats fair, I should have waited until rain washed the salt off the roads, but I just couldn't resist that weather! I'd love to ride out your way sometime and meet. I need to meet more forum members. I'd also love to take a look at that beautiful GK!
    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post
      ....... I'd love to ride out your way sometime and meet. ... .. .
      Yes, do that.
      Go directly west of Grand Rapids till hit Lake Michigan, then back up about 3 miles. (PM for more details than that.)

Did have the GK out the other day (See "Went For Ride").
      Last edited by Redman; 04-07-2022, 10:40 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yes, do that.
        Go directly west of Grand Rapids till hit Lake Michigan, then back up about 3 miles. (PM for more details than that.)

Did have the GK out the other day (See "Went For Ride").
        That would be a nice Saturday ride. Hopefully I'll be able to do it before the end of the season. Baby Forum due in 2 weeks and new job in 3 weeks so I'll be swamped for the next several months. But once things calm down I'll be hitting the road!

GK looks good! I assume it ran well for ya?
        - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!

Comment

That would be a nice Saturday ride. . . . . . . .
          . . . .
          Would be good to meet you.
          Maybe Muskegon Bike Time might interest you. My intertst is just to see briefy, get some lunch, and ride back out.

I like to ride to Newaygo, maybe a good meeting point.

CAn chat more when you are available.

. Baby Forum due in 2 weeks and new job in 3 weeks so I'll be swamped for the next several months. But once things calm down I'll be hitting the road!
          baby? what?
          New job....
          ew, yah, lots going on.

GK looks good! I assume it ran well for ya?
          Yep, running well. Improved lots (was low compresion before rebuild).
          Can smell burning oil sometimes yet, but not yet couple hundred miles since rebuild.

Only real problem is brake lines still say "02/82".
          So can say "is all orignal - to a fault".

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Would be good to meet you.
            Maybe Muskegon Bike Time might interest you. My intertst is just to see briefy, get some lunch, and ride back out.

I like to ride to Newaygo, maybe a good meeting point.

CAn chat more when you are available.

baby? what?
            New job....
            ew, yah, lots going on.

Yep, running well. Improved lots (was low compresion before rebuild).
            Can smell burning oil sometimes yet, but not yet couple hundred miles since rebuild.

Only real problem is brake lines still say "02/82".
            So can say "is all orignal - to a fault".
            It would be nice to meet you as well. I'm down to meet pretty much anywhere, but we can work the details out when that day comes.

As for baby, that was supposed to say "baby # 2", not "baby Forum". Not sure how that happened. But yes, very busy several months on the horizon.
            Glad the GK is running well! I need to replace my brake lines as well, they're original as far as I'm aware...

Comment

I've been looking @ the GS bikes for about 3 months now and never once came across any info on a GK. So when I saw a couple in my area for sale I was like what the heck are these. One was black with a white fairing and bags. The other had matching fairing and bags. Then I saw a GS850 I believe that had the Vetter fairing and bags. That looked a little more strange that I was like checking it out. Fella never sent me a video of it running so I just forgot about it.

Do they ride just like the GS850's and 1100's or do they ride like baggers? I would think they would ride differently but was wondering if these would be considered sport/touring bikes vs just touring.
              In a World Full of Copycats Be an Original

Comment

Originally posted by poppy View Post
                I've been looking @ the GS bikes for about 3 months now and never once came across any info on a GK. So when I saw a couple in my area for sale I was like what the heck are these. One was black with a white fairing and bags. The other had matching fairing and bags. Then I saw a GS850 I believe that had the Vetter fairing and bags. That looked a little more strange that I was like checking it out. Fella never sent me a video of it running so I just forgot about it.

Do they ride just like the GS850's and 1100's or do they ride like baggers? I would think they would ride differently but was wondering if these would be considered sport/touring bikes vs just touring.
                The 1100 is basically a faster 850. The weight is similar, extra GK fairing/bag parts excluded. The 1100 does, occasionally, destroy it's secondary gearset output gear, but it's not overly difficult to replace. Overall, the 1100 is a great bike, that will easily exceed 100K miles, with normal maintenance.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

The 1100 is basically a faster 850. The weight is similar, extra GK fairing/bag parts excluded. The 1100 does, occasionally, destroy it's secondary gearset output gear, but it's not overly difficult to replace. Overall, the 1100 is a great bike, that will easily exceed 100K miles, with normal maintenance.

Hey Nessism, I ment can you corner them and ride them like folks do with the regular gs850's and gs1100's or do you need to ride them like baggers?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy View Post

Hey Nessism, I ment can you corner them and ride them like folks do with the regular gs850's and gs1100's or do you need to ride them like baggers?
                    Well, a GK is 80 lbs heavier. What do you think?
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I was only hoping, lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X