No announcement yet.

Fellow that is new to motorcycles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earl, we both think as we wish. I should think that is clear here.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Another bit of the good side of riding:

MOTORCYCLES MAKE YOU SMARTER: JAPANESE STUDY DISCOVERS A LINK BETWEEN RIDING AND THINKING According to Kyodo News International: A Tohoku University, Japan, study group and motorcycle maker Yamaha Motor Co. said Wednesday they have found riding motorcycles useful for brain training. The group, led by Ryuta Kawashima, a professor who is known for brain research, looked into brain functions as measured by devices put on the heads of 21 males riding motorcycles and found their brains' prefrontal areas acti...
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        LoL. I think I went through a whole life crisis for a good long time. The bike I gave up when I got married was a ridiculously modded GPz 750 Turbo, with ZX-10 suspension and brakes and a 225 hp motor.
        I think mild mannered is relative to experience level. There's a guy on Oldskoolsuzuki.info has an aircooled GS with 530hp and he's now rebuilding with anew target of 600hp. For someone like that 225 is mild. I can't get my head around that figure, forget about actually riding a beast like that.

I'm aiming for 150-160hp with my GS1150 rebuild which seems sufficient for a granddad in my last riding years.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally agree. Back when I used to hang out with the FZ1 crowd, there was a local Busa builder named Walter who had a 360 hp turbo Busa, and that thing was simply insane. These days, I'm loving the 88 hp the Sportster gives right now. Next summer I will have the heads done, which should push it close to 100 hp, and that is more than enough for this bike.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Well heck - this topic went all over the place. I think the area where Norm and Josh live is a great place for safe cruising. I live across the border in PA (New Castle) and have a lot of nice country roads to cruise around on. The scariest thing I encounter are not the cagers, but the deer running in rut.

Cheers to Norm and Josh.
            81 GS650GL

Comment

Originally posted by adamdaz View Post
              Well heck - this topic went all over the place. I think the area where Norm and Josh live is a great place for safe cruising. I live across the border in PA (New Castle) and have a lot of nice country roads to cruise around on. The scariest thing I encounter are not the cagers, but the deer running in rut.

Cheers to Norm and Josh.
              Yes, it has gone in different directions.
              Do you think that if you were to fill the rut with water to create a moat it might make your New Castle safer?
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                Do you think that if you were to fill the rut with water to create a moat it might make your New Castle safer?
                LOL. That was funny. But no- not enough water to do that.
                81 GS650GL

Comment

I think most of us (hopefully) understand that fun of riding comes with a not-insignificant risk.

I started riding almost 10 years ago now (sheesh) and joined this forum at the same time. I still remember what it was like to be a newbie at riding. It took me about two years before I felt "comfortable" on a bike. (Which is not the same thing as complacent.) I haven't had a crash yet, so that may still make me a newbie in some people's eyes. If that's the case, then I'm going to do my damnedest to be a newbie forever. I'm just thankful to have a great group of mentors on this forum.

Wishing Josh the best of luck at the start of his new adventure.
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                  X