Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fellow that is new to motorcycles.

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by adamdaz View Post
    Well heck - this topic went all over the place. I think the area where Norm and Josh live is a great place for safe cruising. I live across the border in PA (New Castle) and have a lot of nice country roads to cruise around on. The scariest thing I encounter are not the cagers, but the deer running in rut.

Cheers to Norm and Josh.
    Yes, it has gone in different directions.
    Do you think that if you were to fill the rut with water to create a moat it might make your New Castle safer?
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE

Quote Originally Posted by argonsagas View Post
    Do you think that if you were to fill the rut with water to create a moat it might make your New Castle safer?
    LOL. That was funny. But no- not enough water to do that.
    81 GS650GL

I think most of us (hopefully) understand that fun of riding comes with a not-insignificant risk.

I started riding almost 10 years ago now (sheesh) and joined this forum at the same time. I still remember what it was like to be a newbie at riding. It took me about two years before I felt "comfortable" on a bike. (Which is not the same thing as complacent.) I haven't had a crash yet, so that may still make me a newbie in some people's eyes. If that's the case, then I'm going to do my damnedest to be a newbie forever. I'm just thankful to have a great group of mentors on this forum.

Wishing Josh the best of luck at the start of his new adventure.