Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 650g Rear brake pads not engaging when pumping the brakes

This is related to another post I made.

caliper and rear master cylinder is rebuilt. No leaks in the new lines. I’ve used the mity vac to try and pull fluid through the brake lines, and only small dripples are coming out.

Moreso, when I pump the rear brake, the brake pads don’t engage which leads me to think I rebuilt the caliper or something’s off with the piston. HELP! I don’t know what else to trouble shoot.

gs 650
    Main lady- 2009 Nightster 1200
    Project Lady- 1982 GS650 G

Originally posted by Sarcvicious View Post
    This is related to another post I made.

caliper and rear master cylinder is rebuilt. No leaks in the new lines. I’ve used the mity vac to try and pull fluid through the brake lines, and only small dripples are coming out.

Moreso, when I pump the rear brake, the brake pads don’t engage which leads me to think I rebuilt the caliper or something’s off with the piston. HELP! I don’t know what else to trouble shoot.

gs 650
    siphon the rear bleeder with a clear vinyl tube and run it into the brake fluid bottle, dont have to suck on it just let gravity work, refill resevoir on master cylinder and just cycle it like that a few times, close resevoir and give it some pumps, fill the resevoir up all the way and it should be good.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
    X