No announcement yet.

Living in the atmospheric river, PNW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm prepping for my afternoon walk ..... Goretex jacket . Check ..... Goretex pants . Check..... Goretex socks . Check ..... Goretex lined hiking boots. Check ..... Umbrella ? ..... No fuddle duddling way ! .... I'm from Vancouver !.... I ain't no sissy ! .....
    Environment Canada is warning that the wet weather headed to Vancouver will bring near-record temperatures and flooding to certain areas.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      I'm prepping for my afternoon walk ..... Goretex jacket . Check ..... Goretex pants . Check..... Goretex socks . Check ..... Goretex lined hiking boots. Check ..... Umbrella ? ..... No fuddle duddling way ! .... I'm from Vancouver !.... I ain't no sissy ! .....
      https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/metr...ng-nov-13-2021
      I'm not sure if I have seen this much rainfall in my entire life. Lol...it's crazy
      No signature

Comment

Personally, this doesn't seem unusual. I recall the several countdowns to "40 days". But the increased population has put a lot of people where there weren't any before. Summer droughts-now that's unusual.
        Copy of gumboots.jpgborn wearing these

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          Personally, this doesn't seem unusual. I recall the several countdowns to "40 days". But the increased population has put a lot of people where there weren't any before. Summer droughts-now that's unusual.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]63575[/ATTACH]born wearing these
          Really?? I've only lived on the island for 17 years...but these are record rainfalls...that's been documented...not sure how you could think this is not unusual for us??
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Oof, nothing like stupid uni students out filming during a tornado ...
            I go outside and keep my eye on them when they're about, you want to know if they're coming your way, it never occurred to me to take a picture.

Tornadoes are part of life on the flat lands not as frequent up here as down south but still a serious threat.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

A nice size storm just rolled into the greater Seattle area. Predicted 60 mph winds up where we live, LOTS of rain for the next 24 hours. We'll most likely loose power, but hey at least we've got a roof over our heads...unless a tree falls on it

Flood advisories all over the place, but so far a lot of them are minor to moderate.

Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
              1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

I’m in my way into town to check on my recovery houses... hope all is ok... 3 of them are over 100 years old
                No signature

Comment

Flooding in Bellingham, WA.

Flooding in Whatcom countly, WA

This clip shows the water coming off Snoqualmie Falls between Thursday and Friday. The difference is significant.
                  Last edited by RustyTank; 11-15-2021, 04:33 PM.
                  Ryan

Comment

Wow ! This is bad .... The entire town of Merritt has been evacuated .....
                    The 7,000 residents of Merritt, B.C., have been ordered to evacuate due to "risk of mass sewage back-up and personal health risk" after flooding caused the complete failure of the municipal wastewater treatment plant.
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Was just in Bellingham a few weeks ago, dodged a bullet!

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                      Flooding in Bellingham, WA.
                      Video at this link.
                      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                      '79 GS100E
                      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

A bit breezy here, lost a big tree, heard it fall and will find it tomorrow.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                          A bit breezy here, lost a big tree, heard it fall and will find it tomorrow.

V
                          I was wondering about your woods there with all the wind.
                          A tree went down in our neighborhood two nights ago just down the street from us. Likely what caused our power outage that morning.

The rain in the greater Seattle area has all but stopped. Forecast looks like mostly dry weather the rest of the month. That's good, we've had enough rain for two Novembers.
                          Ryan

Comment

Yeah we're just on the downside of a heatwave... was 80+ at the weekend.
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                              Yeah we're just on the downside of a heatwave... was 80+ at the weekend.
                              HAHA! Shut up Dan!
                              Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Really?? I've only lived on the island for 17 years...but these are record rainfalls...that's been documented...not sure how you could think this is not unusual for us??
                                I agree it's a bad one especially when it is so far reaching into the interior. Washing out the Coqhuihalla is pretty dramatic... but there have been some previous nasties too . You might want to look up January 17 2005 for just one that I happen to have curated in my files as another symptom of ongoing climate change- I thought it was symptomatic then.
                                IMO, this is continuation of a noticeable trend in oddity since at least the mid 80's...not a sudden change.

that said, here, I didn't have puddles in the yard.

And, there's an overlay too. More people in the valley floodplains against common sense. Widened highways untested by just such an event. Some snow in the mountains that may have contributed. Burned-off areas or logging that don't help either.

Comment

Working...
                                X