Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank no start 81 GS450t

Hello All,

Bought an 81 GS450T cheap bc it wouldn't start or run but I rebuilt and cleaned the carbs that day and it was running within 2 hours.

The airbox lid was missing so I put K&N pod filters on but it was running lean bc of this but still started perctly and I put about 1k miles on it.

So, I ordered 2x 130, 135, 140, 145 main jets, and a larger pilot jet (I'll get the size if you need it).

1- replaced the 117.5 main jet wit a 140 and stock pilot jet with the larger jet. Huge difference but not perfect as it was a tiny bit too rich but still put 1k miles on it.

2- Bypassed the plugs on the coils bc I was getting intermittent loss of sparked and found the problem to be the plugs. Easy fix wotked great

3- Then I went dont to the 135 jet bc the 140 was too rich. Went for a test ride and noticed a nice improvement.

4- adjusted the air/fuel mixture to get it perfect and the engine stalled and could not get it restarted.

Engine cranks but won't start even after I put the A/F mixture back where it was and tried 10 different settings.

I have spark, compression test was good and leak down test perfect. Put in new plugs gapped pefect, coil voltage and resistance are factory spec.

Not even starting fluid will get it to run at all.

I see popping/gas coming from carbs with the filters off when I crank it

I'm really confused bc it was running great, stalled out, now i cant get it to fire even with ether
    Last edited by GS450olderthanme; 11-14-2021, 02:25 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Working...
X