• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeti products

Lot of people buying their stuff..
    From cups to big coolers

Even if they are better
    How long do ya need a case of beer to stay cold? LOL

I would probably be alright with regular run of the mill stuff?
    Cool factor..in more ways than one ,I suppose he he 😂

The extent of my Yeti collection is four of these: https://www.yeti.com/en_US/drinkware...562.html#pos=1

I use them for hot, black coffee only and they are spectacular. Keeps the coffee hot for way longer than it needs to.

Comment

I've been leery of buying YETI products except through brick and mortar stores. There are a number of ads that come through my Facebook feed that, while not obvious, have the very feel of scams, price to good to be true, change of web address in links, etc.

That being said, the more recent reviews of YETI coolers have not been great overall. It's llke something has changed in their materials or manufacturing.

I'd like to be a believer, as we do plenty of long, off-grid trips, but I'm afraid the coolers are going to have to continue taking a backseat for awhile longer. The mugs are great, though!
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Yeti products do work well, they are significantly overpriced. In 2021 you can buy a real compressor type refrigerator freezer that looks like an ice chest. They plug into a cigarette lighter and don't use much power. Most of them can go down to zero F.
        1981 GS1100E
        1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I use a YETI "6-Pack" cooler when I travel. It fits nicely in the right side case on the FJR. I store the cooler in the freezer. When I need it, it's ready to go. I don't even have to add ice. A couple of waters, a Mountain Dew, a emergency beer or two, maybe a freeze pack and I'm
          good for all day. When I'm on the road, I'll fill it with ice, no leaks at all. Sure it's a little pricey, but I don't mind paying for a quality product. It works fine for me...
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            I've been leery of buying YETI products except through brick and mortar stores. There are a number of ads that come through my Facebook feed that, while not obvious, have the very feel of scams, price to good to be true, change of web address in links, etc.

That being said, the more recent reviews of YETI coolers have not been great overall. It's llke something has changed in their materials or manufacturing.

I'd like to be a believer, as we do plenty of long, off-grid trips, but I'm afraid the coolers are going to have to continue taking a backseat for awhile longer. The mugs are great, though!
            Not on FB but my better half is. Yesterday one of her 'friends' announced that he got a post taken down and a formal warning from FB of impending ban.
            His crime? He got an ad for a pair of Raybans that was too good to be true. He did some checking and came to the conclusion that these were fakes, a scam if you wish and posted his findings on FB.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
              Not on FB but my better half is. Yesterday one of her 'friends' announced that he got a post taken down and a formal warning from FB of impending ban.
              His crime? He got an ad for a pair of Raybans that was too good to be true. He did some checking and came to the conclusion that these were fakes, a scam if you wish and posted his findings on FB.

It probably hinges on how he expressed his findings. If he said they seller was a fraud and it was a scam, it would have likely been considered differently than if he had said that after some online digging, he was not comfortable with buying from this source.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                It probably hinges on how he expressed his findings..
                Isn't that the truth. You could hang that over the door of the V place here
                97 R1100R
                Previous
                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

For most all quality, high end, expensive products there is a lesser named, lesser priced product of the exact, or very near exact same quality...If you can find it.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                  X