Best look, refinish 82 1100E wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best look, refinish 82 1100E wheels

What is the best paint, or paint/polish color scheme for the factory 82 1100E wheels. I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder to a large degree.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Personal choice. For me it's natural aluminum with the machined surfaces polished. I don't like paint on wheels except maybe silver paint that looks like aluminum.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I've seen the painted area done in 'Spanish gold' - think of WRX wheels sort of dull-ish. It looked OK to my eye but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it's in the same colorway (which seems like a new term being thrown around more and more to mean color scheme, but I gotta sound 'with it'), I think it's a decent look. I can't think of any other color I'd sort of like, but the polishing idea is interesting, if intensive. I've actually thrown away those wheels after trying to sell for a while, what a shame as they don't look bad. I just had so many.
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Best is hard to define. I painted mine black and think they look far better than I had any right to expect.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Stock is like a graphite color. I always polish up the machined surfaces each time I put new boots on...
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I did mine in bright gold which I like against the red paint.My original wheels under the work bench right now are black.Painted only on the cast area.You want to see a real dedicated wheel polisher check out Windy Urtnowski and his collection on You tube. 77 and he still hits it every day.

Comment

Working...
              X