New to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Any more photos Kerry? Gotta have PHOTOS!!!
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Ooo! NICE! A perfect complement to your 650L!
      Last edited by Nessism; 11-26-2021, 03:59 PM.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Ooo! NICE! A perfect complement to you 650L!
        Funny you should say that...

Comment

I just can't get over how similar the ergonomics appear to be...do they feel very different from each other?
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            I just can't get over how similar the ergonomics appear to be...do they feel very different from each other?
            The seats are both 29.1 inches from the ground, according to online stats.
            Three differences in how they feel: 1, the bars, of course. It'll take me a minute to get used to the handlebars being a little more forward than I'm accustomed to. I like the L buckhorns. 2, the 4-gal tank on the Triumph is, well, larger than the 3-gal on the 650GL, and it rises up in front of the seat a little more, and 3, I think it might have a narrower cut-out in the tank so the saddle straddle isn't as wide.
            I'm not positive but I think the 650 has greater steering range.

Comment

I had 3 900 Sprints. All the motors are the same, only different cams and or pistons to change performance. Only issue I every had was dropping spark in 1 cylinder and it was a coil both times. It has 3 and are cheap on E-Bay. Great bikes that not many love so they usually can be found at a decent price. I'd like to find a decent Tiger over my Versys 1000, but the range(under 200 miles/tank) tell me otherwise. I had them dyno tuned, and it greatly improved the performance, driveability and mileage. Over the course of riding them over 50k miles apiece the fuel savings paid for the tuning. It went from 36 to 44 mpg. When its due for chain and sprockets, dont re-gear it for lower rpm's at highway speeds, it got worse by dropping the rpm's. There really happy all day long at 5k rpm.
              Last edited by limeex2; 11-27-2021, 11:12 AM.
              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                New to me by kerrfunk1, on Flickr
                Is that your TRD Off-Road???

Nice bike, btw.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  Is that your TRD Off-Road???

Nice bike, btw.

Ed
                  I was having lunch with my friend David a few weeks ago, telling him about my plans to take Greyhound to New York to pick up a bike and ride it home 500 miles in the middle of November. David said, "Hey, if you get into any trouble on the way back, gimme a call and I'll come pick you up."

A few minutes later I thought, "So David, you want to go to New York with me? We could put the bike in your pickup truck and just bring it home that way..." and he was cool with that.

That's David's TRD off-road.
                  The bike fit nicely, though the gate was down, and I noticed the difference in fuel economy, lol.
                  David has a blue RAZOR four-wheeler, which is apropos of nothing at all.
                  He also got me into shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    I was having lunch with my friend David a few weeks ago, telling him about my plans to take Greyhound to New York to pick up a bike and ride it home 500 miles in the middle of November. David said, "Hey, if you get into any trouble on the way back, gimme a call and I'll come pick you up."

A few minutes later I thought, "So David, you want to go to New York with me? We could put the bike in your pickup truck and just bring it home that way..." and he was cool with that.

That's David's TRD off-road.
                    The bike fit nicely, though the gate was down, and I noticed the difference in fuel economy, lol.
                    David has a blue RAZOR four-wheeler, which is apropos of nothing at all.
                    He also got me into shooting.
                    Great to have a friend that owns a truck!

Yeah, the short bed is only 5ft but like you said, the tailgate gives it an additional 1-2ft.

That bike has got to weigh 500-600lbs...you were watching the mileage to pay him for gas, I presume?

I get roughly 350 miles per FULL (22gl) tank on my Sport...but that's city driving...offering $80-$100 isn't too shabby considering tolls/gas.

Sounds like David has some fun hobbies.

Enjoy the bike, it's a beauty!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Great to have a friend that owns a truck!

That bike has got to weigh 500-600lbs...you were watching the mileage to pay him for gas, I presume?

...offering $80-$100 isn't too shabby considering tolls/gas.

Sounds like David has some fun hobbies.

Enjoy the bike, it's a beauty!

Ed

David's a good guy, with a variety of interests and talents. He's fairly conservative, but that doesn't prove a barrier between us.
                      I think I filled his gas tank three times, and paid for four meals and a hotel room.

The bike is just under 500 pounds.
                      Funny story, the seller (retired gearhead) dragged out a ramp so we could load the bike onto the truck.
                      I didn't study the ramp, but started to walk the bike up it. crunch! it was chipboard, and fairly weathered at that. I don't know who in their right mind would make a motorcycle ramp out of chipboard. I put a nice tire-sized hole in it! Lucky for me it wasn't worse!
                      The seller pulled another ramp out that was functional, and that was fine.

David is also a pretty decent carpenter. I'm good building stuff to an eighth of an inch but I think he can do a 32nd or so.

Enjoying the bike!

Comment

Kerry, do you by chance watch the Masterpiece Mystery show Granchester on PBS? The lead character, Will Davenport, is a motorcycle riding vicar. It is set in late 50's England and the bike looks to be a BSA (close shots of it are fleeting) but you cross my mind when I watch it.

The videos on this page each have brief segments with the bike.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece...-tom-brittney/
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

The bikes look great together! I thought I saw a thread where you were selling your "L". Maybe that was Jedz...

David's a good guy, with a variety of interests and talents. He's fairly conservative, but that doesn't prove a barrier between us.
                          I think I filled his gas tank three times, and paid for four meals and a hotel room.

The bike is just under 500 pounds.
                          Funny story, the seller (retired gearhead) dragged out a ramp so we could load the bike onto the truck.
                          I didn't study the ramp, but started to walk the bike up it. crunch! it was chipboard, and fairly weathered at that. I don't know who in their right mind would make a motorcycle ramp out of chipboard. I put a nice tire-sized hole in it! Lucky for me it wasn't worse!
                          The seller pulled another ramp out that was functional, and that was fine.

David is also a pretty decent carpenter. I'm good building stuff to an eighth of an inch but I think he can do a 32nd or so.

Enjoying the bike!
                          ALWAYS a bonus when affiliation does to interfere with friendship. I would sooner not even bring it up or continue a discussion if it did.

500 miles is a day's drive (8-10hrs)...but sounds like you took your time. Do you have any scenic pics?

OMG! Chipboard? What is that???

I have some HF special metal ramps (I bought 2) to load my "T" onto the collapsible HF trailer and they are quite sturdy but bulky.

Please do take more pics of your new bike. Looks super cool!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            Kerry, do you by chance watch the Masterpiece Mystery show Granchester on PBS? The lead character, Will Davenport, is a motorcycle riding vicar. It is set in late 50's England and the bike looks to be a BSA (close shots of it are fleeting) but you cross my mind when I watch it.

The videos on this page each have brief segments with the bike.

Will Davenport is the motorcycle-riding vicar of Grantchester who solves murders alongside detective pal Geordie Keating.

That show is unknown to me. I'll check it out!

The bikes look great together! I thought I saw a thread where you were selling your "L". Maybe that was Jedz...

ALWAYS a bonus when affiliation does to interfere with friendship. I would sooner not even bring it up or continue a discussion if it did.

500 miles is a day's drive (8-10hrs)...but sounds like you took your time. Do you have any scenic pics?

OMG! Chipboard? What is that???

I have some HF special metal ramps (I bought 2) to load my "T" onto the collapsible HF trailer and they are quite sturdy but bulky.

Please do take more pics of your new bike. Looks super cool!

Ed

We took Monday 11/15 to drive 500mi to NY, picked the bike up, stayed in a nearby hotel, and drove home on Tuesday 11/16.

Yes, my 650L is for sale. Although I have not actually listed it on CL yet, lol.

Chipboard... particle board... I guess you might use it for subflooring or rough construction, but I wouldn't call it load-bearing by any means.

I might get out this afternoon, it's a lovely day!

Comment

Super nice bike! I love those Triumph triples.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

We took Monday 11/15 to drive 500mi to NY, picked the bike up, stayed in a nearby hotel, and drove home on Tuesday 11/16.

Yes, my 650L is for sale. Although I have not actually listed it on CL yet, lol.

Chipboard... particle board... I guess you might use it for subflooring or rough construction, but I wouldn't call it load-bearing by any means.

I might get out this afternoon, it's a lovely day!
                                That makes sense...make a day of the drive...pick up the bike and rest overnight before heading back. Always good to do this at your leisure.

Good luck with the sale of your "L".

Yeah, chipboard is sturdy (not as a load-bearing plank for a bike) but over time it gets brittle...that's probably what happened to that board!

Any pics of your ride?

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X