New to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerry,
    If you're looking for a forum to support your new bike, try www.triumphrat.net.

I've joined recently, just to kick tires and gather info/issues on models for a possible future Triumph purchase. I've found their forum to be very busy, and very international, compared to the GSR, with about the same level of helpfulness and knowledge. And of course, just about the same level of people with opinions on whether you and your family should be vaccinated or not, and other such topics, only without the filter of the "vortex".

And I find myself wasting way too much time there, even though I don't have a horse in the race.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 12-01-2021, 11:05 AM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome to the club! It's a proper Hinckley bike, I know my club buddies love those rigs. Saw several at the Triumph Bennigton Bash this year.

Second Rich at joining Triumph RAT.

How much for the L?
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Kerry,

I've joined recently, just to kick tires and gather info/issues on models for a possible future Triumph purchase. I've found their forum to be very busy, and very international, compared to the GSR, with about the same level of helpfulness and knowledge. And of course, just about the same level of people with opinions on whether you and your family should be vaccinated or not, and other such topics, only without the filter of the "vortex".

And I find myself wasting way too much time there, even though I don't have a horse in the race.
        Been a member since I got my TT600 in 2011. Don't post much, but search and read a bunch.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Kerry,

Thanks for the rec, Rich. I might check it out, although keeping up with the vortex here is maddening enough.

Vaccination is good, there's no conspiracy or "plandemic",
          and there is no mutation that can make a virus evade precautions such as face masks, hand-washing, and physical distance.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Welcome to the club! It's a proper Hinckley bike, I know my club buddies love those rigs. Saw several at the Triumph Bennigton Bash this year.

Second Rich at joining Triumph RAT.

How much for the L?
          I'd be happy to get a grand.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Nice looking bike Kerry. Just curious, I think I missed the part where you got ride of the 1100L and got the 650L. Why the switch?
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
              Nice looking bike Kerry. Just curious, I think I missed the part where you got ride of the 1100L and got the 650L. Why the switch?
              There was another bike between those two, actually.

So I started on a 550, and then I bought your 1100GL which I loved! It had the power the 550 lacked, and I liked the shaft drive, but I missed the nimbleness of the 550, and the 1100 just felt heavy, solid. And then I saw a 700E and I just thought That was a sexy bike, so I got it, and sold the 1100. Turns out I didn't like the positioning of the E. I missed the shaft, and I knew that the 850 and the 1100 are essentially the same motor (and same weight), just with different bores, so I didn't want to get the 850. There's a 750G but not in the US. So I found a 650G.

I had the 650G for about 7 years, and it needs more maintenance than I know how to do, and I'd been thinking of getting something that was not made in the 80s.
              Somewhere along the way I saw the Triumph Thunderbird and I wanted one. Finally found the Legend, which is the entry-level Thunderbird, and it's a 99, and I'm real happy with it.

Comment

You're going to have so many good adventures on that Trumpet, Kerry!
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I had a 1970 Triumph back in the old days (1972). It was my favorite bike ever. Cornered like a dream. A lady in a car creamed me and wrecked the bike beyond repair. That's about the time I became "Patti the Chopper Chick", we chopped it and made it into a show bike. I called it, "Sweet Gypsy Rose" Mom's name was Rose.

Comment

So far I wouldn't say this bike "corners like a dream" but I don't have many miles on it yet and I'm accustomed to a different feel.

No regrets, tho!

Comment

Working...
                    X