Canada's West coast weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada's West coast weather

Mudslides, torrential rains, snow and high winds. Roads closed and one entire city evacuated.

Looks like some of our British Columbia members may be seeing plans washed out, but hopefully noting more tangible than that will be lost.

.https://ca.yahoo.com/news/mudslide-r...212043708.html

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Wow. Stay safe, PNW friends. Check in when you can.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yes, could be really bad, but still it could be worse. Have you read the story of back when Noah built the ark?? Now that was a lot of rain.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

They don't call us the " Wet Coast " for nothing ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

This is about six blocks from me { fortunately downhill } ...... That barge in the upper left broke loose from Kits Buoy and washed up on Sunset Beach . The cyclist is riding around the Stanley Park seawall ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Yesterday near my house....I was going to start a thread about it all but Todd already did the PNW River thing so I figured it was already covered.

Lot's of people got free Helicopter rides yesterday...

No signature

Comment

Hate seeing stuff like that. Best of luck up there. Some of us can relate. Back in 2010 Nashville had a big'un, water in places we'd never seen it before for days. 23 deaths if I remember right. Back in 1974 the community of Statesville TN., appx. 8 mi. from me, almost washed away, general store & a few houses completely gone, church turned sideways on it's foundation, roads & bridges gone. It's devastating. Be careful.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I'd rather have to much water than not enough...🤔
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  I'd rather have to much water than not enough...樂
                  That's one way to look at it.
                  Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                  1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Poor Merritt

No signature

Comment

Pretty rough couple of days. Today though, I was driving home in the pickup about noon and was blinded by sunlight and it was 6c. So, out came the 1150 and I got in a quick, enjoyable ride. Going to be rough for awhile with our major highway routes to the food warehouses cut off for I would imagine a few weeks at least. I would think our supplies will be coming from Alberta now. I personally could care less about any random junk from China, just food is my concern.
                      1986 1150EF
                      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I hate stupid, selfish people!

The nightly closure of the Malahat Highway over the next week due to flood damage is also impacting fuel supply on the South Island.

Just got home...the roads are crazy busy with people draining every last bit of gas from filling stations. Grocery stores are a mess too!
                        If everyone would just buy gas and groceries normally there would ne issues. But no...you can't fix the stupid and the selfish!
                        I really hate people!
                        The gas station by my house is closed...out of gas. And many are doing the same now....what's wrong with people?!
                        No signature

Comment

Yup: Sometimes I think there's no hope for humanity.
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            I hate stupid, selfish people!

The nightly closure of the Malahat Highway over the next week due to flood damage is also impacting fuel supply on the South Island.

Just got home...the roads are crazy busy with people draining every last bit of gas from filling stations. Grocery stores are a mess too!
                            If everyone would just buy gas and groceries normally there would ne issues. But no...you can't fix the stupid and the selfish!
                            I really hate people!
                            The gas station by my house is closed...out of gas. And many are doing the same now....what's wrong with people?!
                            Perhaps.......they remember that they missed out on getting supplies when so very many people had that same panicked buying response to Covid, and this time they want to get theirs before shelves become empty .....
                            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                              Perhaps.......they remember that they missed out on getting supplies when so very many people had that same panicked buying response to Covid, and this time they want to get theirs before shelves become empty .....
                              People were showing up at gas stations with jerry cans in their trunks! The grocery stores have had to put limits on the amount of meat people can buy....trust me when I say....these are paranoid, selfish pricks!
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X