No announcement yet.

Canada's West coast weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all the press on shortages it was with some sense of wariness that I visited the grocery store yesterday . I was pleasantly surprised to see the shelves fully stocked . Because we are sealed off by rail and road I had expected to see some missing meats, dairy, veggies, and TP .... No idea how they are getting it as I know it isn't coming in by sea .....The brands are the same so it's not coming from the US { except the veggies } ...... Looking out my window at the gas station on the corner there is no unusual traffic there either .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      After all the press on shortages it was with some sense of wariness that I visited the grocery store yesterday . I was pleasantly surprised to see the shelves fully stocked . Because we are sealed off by rail and road I had expected to see some missing meats, dairy, veggies, and TP .... No idea how they are getting it as I know it isn't coming in by sea .....The brands are the same so it's not coming from the US { except the veggies } ...... Looking out my window at the gas station on the corner there is no unusual traffic there either .....

No lines at the groc store because it was pizza day and everyone was eating out. lol
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        It appears the utter stupidity of building in flood plains is universal.
        Unfortunately, with all these mountains in British Columbia, roads and towns are generally in the valleys.

Blasting a mountainside to get a road or railway positioned upslope is not the answer either, if you look at just one example, "the Malahat" (the road between the provincial capital, Victoria and the rest of the island). Slides of snow, rock, or mud are an everpresent concern on road and rail corridors here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          It appears the utter stupidity of building in flood plains is universal.
          yeah our downtown core and riversides in the valley are all flood plain. When when the perfect storm of mountain snow melt and heavy rain arrived at the same time everyone was surprised that the flood plain flooded. Insurance company's have been telling homeowners no more coverage for flood damage, build on a flood plain and you accept the risk.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

phenomenal loss of infrastructure, tens of thousands of farm animals drowned.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
              phenomenal loss of infrastructure, tens of thousands of farm animals drowned.
              Damn. Just a damn shame
              Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
              1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                Damn. Just a damn shame
                It's been heartbreaking to watch the reports of animals drowning.
                No signature

Comment

Yesterday was a beautiful day...sunny and 12 degrees ....today more rain...it's been raining non-stop for over 16 hours with no relief in sight....more flooding....it's so sad what's happening to the people of BC....livestock drowning...it's all so traumatic for people....

The Fifth Estate examines the devastation in B.C. after catastrophic flooding and how the province could have been better prepared for the weather disaster.
                  No signature

Comment

Working...
                  X