Canada's West coast weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    People were showing up at gas stations with jerry cans in their trunks! The grocery stores have had to put limits on the amount of meat people can buy....trust me when I say....these are paranoid, selfish pricks!
    Sorry you are going through this .....The guys in the north are going to have a tougher time of it . But you guys should be back to normal in a few days I would think . The province is under a state of emergency so all they have to do is order BC Ferries to put on a few overnight sailings and fill them with trucks ....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

It seems to be an innate quirk in the nature of many people .

I say that because ( at least in in this area,) the day before every major holiday you will see a scaled-down version of what you described.
      Even though they all know the stores will be closed for only that one day, if you go to the regular stores on the day before the holiday you are guaranteed find them jammed with people buying many extra supplies/groceries, etc..
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

People were showing up at gas stations with jerry cans in their trunks! The grocery stores have had to put limits on the amount of meat people can buy....trust me when I say....these are paranoid, selfish pricks!
        Faaaaaaack. I'm really sorry you're having to deal with that Trevor. Anxiety is clearly high.
        I just remembered you're on the island. Anyone think that landlocked, island life may play a part of the panicked, get it while you can behavior? I suppose that kind of behavior happens everywhere. I'm just riffin here I don't know.
        Last edited by RustyTank; 11-18-2021, 01:41 AM.
        Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
          Faaaaaaack. I'm really sorry you're having to deal with that Trevor. Anxiety is clearly high.
          I just remembered you're on the island. Anyone think that landlocked, island life may play a part of the panicked, get it while you can behavior? I suppose that kind of behavior happens everywhere. I'm just riffin here I don't know.

Here in FL, every time we have a hurricane coming, the gas stations are emptied and bread and toilet paper disappear from the stores. Then everyone stays home and waits for the storm to pass while guarding their bread stash and hopes they don't need more than 100 rolls of toilet paper in the next three days. ehe
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I was thinking Vancouver might escape this but I'm not so sure now . We are as of now sealed off from the rest of Kanada . No rail . No road . We are a seaport so gas is no problem . And this time of year our veggies come from the south anyway .... But meat, dairy, and everybody's favorite shortage TP, come from the north and east ...... I was in the grocery store again yesterday and no sign of any shortages or panic buying yet. I forgot something and have to go again today so I'll have another look ......
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              I was thinking Vancouver might escape this but I'm not so sure now . We are as of now sealed off from the rest of Kanada . No rail . No road . We are a seaport so gas is no problem . And this time of year our veggies come from the south anyway .... But meat, dairy, and everybody's favorite shortage TP, come from the north and east ...... I was in the grocery store again yesterday and no sign of any shortages or panic buying yet. I forgot something and have to go again today so I'll have another look ......

Just keep in mind with roads out and access to the island limited, you will need a stash of at least 2000 rolls of toilet paper for the coming week. lol

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                Here in FL, every time we have a hurricane coming, the gas stations are emptied and bread and toilet paper disappear from the stores. Then everyone stays home and waits for the storm to pass while guarding their bread stash and hopes they don't need more than 100 rolls of toilet paper in the next three days. ehe

That comment made me laugh.

When COVD shortages began some people Really planned for shortages and stocked up with enough that they could supply others and make a profit.

When the stores shelves were emptied we had to buy diapers for our little one and bought a few boxes out of a garage.
                The woman selling them advertised them for sale on Kijiji and Facebook. She had a two-car garage stacked to the roof, and aisles between the boxes. She had at least two hundred boxes in there!
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                  That comment made me laugh.

When COVD shortages began some people Really planned for shortages and stocked up with enough that they could supply others and make a profit.

When the stores shelves were emptied we had to buy diapers for our little one and bought a few boxes out of a garage.
                  The woman selling them advertised them for sale on Kijiji and Facebook. She had a two-car garage stacked to the roof, and aisles between the boxes. She had at least two hundred boxes in there!

Those that hoard supplies, causing shortages in the interest of profiteering at others expense hack me off.

Comment

Just keep in mind with roads out and access to the island limited, you will need a stash of at least 2000 rolls of toilet paper for the coming week. lol
                    Well you got me laughing with this one earl
                    Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

This kind of behavior has been happening forever, and will continue. That said though, I find it disgraceful.
                      Ryan

Comment

Well there is this too....

Extraordinary kindness and community help British Columbians navigate historic floods

No signature

Comment

Not here but this is a great video of the Fraser Valley and up past Hope for what's seriously impacted. Sumas Lake is back after 100 years. The Malahat is a cakewalk in comparison. Video by helicopter pilot, very informative.
                          <span style="color: rgb(5, 5, 5); font-family: &quot;Segoe UI Historic&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
                          No signature

Comment

Those that hoard supplies, causing shortages in the interest of profiteering at others expense hack me off.
                            Profiteering got people shot in the past.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

We're under a " State of Emergency " . That means profiteering gets you a visit from the Horsemen .....
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Not here but this is a great video of the Fraser Valley and up past Hope for what's seriously impacted. Sumas Lake is back after 100 years. The Malahat is a cakewalk in comparison. Video by helicopter pilot, very informative.
                                <span style="color: rgb(5, 5, 5); font-family: &quot;Segoe UI Historic&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
                                It appears the utter stupidity of building in flood plains is universal.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X