Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed ex scam

Yes dats right,
    Fed ex scam had me on the phone with foreign authorities at fed ex for an hour and dozen transfers and twenty people .

It wasn't until 85 minutes in that I was transfered to Habib from Louisianastan, Habib informed me about the scam in ten seconds flat.

Wow just wow...why on earth it took so long to get the scoop?

So what was the scam?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
      So what was the scam?
      Ya get a text saying a package was delivered but no one was there to sign for it, so it was sent back to a fed ex facility.
      Where you are instructed to reschedule delivery within two days or the package will be sent back to sender.

To reschedule cost a couple bucks, then ask for info like credit card numbers.

Funny thing is I'm actually waiting on a few things to be delivered.

Another not so funny thing is fed ex gave me the run around, until much later a guy from fed ex ask if the text said this and that and I said "yep" he said it was a scam and to ignore it.
      Screenshot_20211116-204134_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        Ya get a text saying a package was delivered but no one was there to sign for it, so it was sent back to a fed ex facility.
        Where you are instructed to reschedule delivery within two days or the package will be sent back to sender.

Another not so funny thing is fed ex gave me the run around, until much later a guy from fed ex ask if the text said this and that and I said "yep" he said it was a scam and to ignore it.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]63581[/ATTACH]
        Ok, now it makes sense. Ironically today I received an email saying that my order had been received and that they would be sending tracking info when shipment goes out and they added another piece as if it’s a receipt.

I just laughed because I know it’s a scam because I didn’t order anything. I’m sure they’re sitting in a chair somewhere on the other side of the world hoping someone responds so they can sucker them in.

Unfortunately at this time of year, you have to be on your toes and alert to the scams.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

There seems to be a segregation of scams happening.

In other years Nigeria had dozens of scams via e-mail, but I have seen few of them in my e-mails this year. The grammar and spelling were always tip-offs.

In their place we get phone calls that claim to be government agencies,and they manage to get legitimate gov tel numbers to show on your call display, or
          they show local area codes and numbers, but almost all of the calls are actually from India.
          Like the Nigerian bad grammar and spelling, the tip-off now is the unmistakable Indian accents.
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

It seems to me that some call centres are infrastructure for hire. Their customers include telecoms providers, gadget help desks and fraudsters.
            The unfortunate kids working in these places are just reading today's script.
            I've been getting more than a few supposedly from a local courier, DPD, that regularly delivers here.
            Fortunately we are on first name terms with the driver and communicate the old way.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63581[/ATTACH]

Neither Fed EX, USPS, DSL nor UPS add a charge for an additional delivery attempt where I live, and they only return a package to sender after the 3rd attempt to deliver.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                Neither Fed EX, USPS, DSL nor UPS add a charge for an additional delivery attempt where I live, and they only return a package to sender after the 3rd attempt to deliver.
                Correct.

Fedex and UPS are great about sending out notices when packages ship an/or pending/already delivered. Off the cuff notices like mentioned are a straight out scam. There are lots of USPS and Paypal scams too. Basically, never click a link you are sent. Only access these systems using the proper URL.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                X