Clear All

Trying to post pictures lets see if this works

Jerry
    1981 GS650E
    1982 GS1100E
    2018 Can AM Spyder
    1980 GS1000G (parts)

No
    you have to copy the BBCode and paste it into your post.

IMG_3817 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Click on the picture you want to post ..... When it comes up click on the arrow in the bottom right ..... At the top of the box that pops up you will see four selections . Pick BBCode ..... Under that you will see a box where you can select the size of the picture you want to post . Do that and then go back up to the box with the URL in it and click on it and it will highlight in blue. Hit Control and C together to copy it . Then go back to the post you want to post it in and hit Control and V together to paste it .... All done ......
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Thanks I will try again tomorrow
        Jerry
        1981 GS650E
        1982 GS1100E
        2018 Can AM Spyder
        1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Post 2 and 3 are describing how to get the BBCode when on the Flicker website.
          I have yet to find how to do that when using the Flicker App on phone (and I suspect there is no way).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to THeGSR Jerry.

Impressive bikes, especially when see the "before" pic of the 850G.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I have yet to find how to do that when using the Flicker App on phone (and I suspect there is no way).
              That would be correct unless you can somehow connect to the regular website rather than the mobile site or app. On my tablet I can connect to the regular site and get the BBCode and on my phone I can't, both are Androids.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                That would be correct unless you can somehow connect to the regular website rather than the mobile site or app. On my tablet I can connect to the regular site and get the BBCode and on my phone I can't, both are Androids.
                I think sandy and I are saying about he same thing.
                THe Flickr website (website website, accessed by computer, not app that would have on phone) has a share function (the curved arrow) and one of the Share options available is the BBCode.
                THe Flickr app (app that have on phone, not the website) has a share function (similar curved arrow) but doesnt have an option for getting the BBCode (at least not that I can find) (are options for stuff like direct to FBMessenger, Instagram, Zoom, if also have those apps). At the moment I cant say about if get to the Flickr website via your phone (or tablet), but sometimes a website can operate different based on it detecting what type of device you are using, so maybe operates different if tablet verse phone (as Sandy indicates).

I think that BBCode has a somewhat specific use on forums/BullitinBoards, and many folks concider those to be antiquated/obsolete. And new apps these days do not support it, cuz most people will not need it. Just another example of how more and more about me is becoming antiquated/vintage/obsolete.
                "Oh, a forum, oh, that is sssoooo 2001.", they might say.

Oh, when I say "app", to me, that implys is the app on a cell phone (not the website).

Jerry, I hope this discussion helps.
                I am sure folks here would like to see your pics (I peeked into your Flickr albumn). Maybe in an introduction post (Owners section typically) you could describe your bikes and post more pics. Or post a link to the albumn and someone else (using Flickr website) could post the pics.
                (And then this all leads into discussion of privite/public settings in Flickr.)
                Last edited by Redman; 11-20-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

IMG_3072 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr

if this works it is a picture of my 821100E when I brought it home.
                  thank to for the help everyone.
                  Jerry
                  1981 GS650E
                  1982 GS1100E
                  2018 Can AM Spyder
                  1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Holy Cow it worked thanks to you guys
                    Jerry
                    1981 GS650E
                    1982 GS1100E
                    2018 Can AM Spyder
                    1980 GS1000G (parts)

Comment

Looking good!!!!!!
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

You did it!
                        Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Working...
                        X