Hagon fitment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagon fitment issue

I recently ordered some Hagon shocks from overseas for my 77GS750 and unfortunately the type I received are eye to eye. They have 12mm holes at each end and are 13" hole to hole. Is it feasible to make them work with minor modification?

After further research I realized that modification is not the way to go and do I will re-order the correct 33015SA model with the clevis on the bottom.
    Last edited by oldskull; 11-19-2021, 07:05 PM.
    1977 GS750B

I've seen an adapter fitted somewhere on the internet but I wouldn't do it personally... You put an extra point of rotation in. I guess if you wanted to move the point of contact on the swingarm you could lay one flat along it but again I don't think it's ideal. Changing the pivot changes the ratio of the shock....
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

You should be able to very easily sell the "incorrect" eye to eye shocks to a GS shaftie owner.

13" eye to eye is the correct size for all the GS850G/GL, 1000G/GL, and 1100G/GL models. I'm not sure about the GS650 models.

You'll also want to make clear how they were built as far as spring rate and damping; Hagon generally asks some questions about the rider's displacement and riding style then selects the shock bodies and springs to match.
      Last edited by bwringer; 11-25-2021, 11:18 AM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
      X