Crappy day at work today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy day at work today.....

No, really. Mondays almost always suck but to add to the suckage today, about mid morning sewer water began backing up through the floor drains in the bathrooms across the hall from my work station. They worked with shop vacs but the water kept coming. Eventually a plumbing contractor arrived with an industrial roto rooter but it was close to my quitting time so I left them with it. So how was your Monday?.......
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Wow Scott. That stinks, quite literally. I had a vacation day today. Did some maintenance on the bike. My Tuesday is gonna suck like a double Monday, but at least I’m off Thursday and Friday as well as next Monday and Tuesday. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

When the Facility Maintenance guys came rolling up I channeled Cousin Eddy from Christmas Vacation "Sh!tters full"...............

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Classic. “Hallelujah! Holy s**t! Where’s the Tylenol?”
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I feel for Scott. It sounds like my last Monday. The chip conveyor on my machine got jammed up. I got a big pipe wrench on the conveyor. As I was pushing, the wrench slipped. I went forward, hitting my head on the shoot part of the conveyor. Putting a nice gash in my forehead! I looked like Frankenstein all last week! It's about all healed up now.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

How's my day? Not nearly as crappy as yours. Thanks for asking.
            If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              I feel for Scott. It sounds like my last Monday. The chip conveyor on my machine got jammed up. I got a big pipe wrench on the conveyor. As I was pushing, the wrench slipped. I went forward, hitting my head on the shoot part of the conveyor. Putting a nice gash in my forehead! I looked like Frankenstein all last week! It's about all healed up now.

Dang Norm, I have seen that happen in the past. Take Care!

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Well: We still can't buy all the groceries we need because the highways look like this south of us. Guys south of us can only buy 8 gallons of gas at a time as well.
                Attached Files
                1986 1150EF
                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                  Well: We still can't buy all the groceries we need because the highways look like this south of us. Guys south of us can only buy 8 gallons of gas at a time as well.
                  I had heard you folks are having a rough go, that picture puts it in perspective....

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post

At least it appears traffic is light. eh
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Ha, ha: Yes traffic is light. In my area it was quite a bit busier today with truck traffic. They got one route open (It's a great bike road, not so good for trucks) but are limiting it to truck traffic only. One other route is open off and on for car traffic. The two major highways though will be quite some time before ready for traffic again (months, maybe even a year or two on the highest capacity highway).
                      On the fun side though we're due to get hit with a similar storm again the next day or two, hoping that the alarm being sounded is uncalled for. On the other hand whatever, bring it on, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
                      1986 1150EF
                      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Yesterday... I did some light work then cleaned / straightened up my mess of a work van on company time.

today.... I spent most of the day in the car picking up my son in DC. Holiday traffic, accidents, etc. good times.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A little update: After rodding and rootering the drain lines and dragging out paper towels, rocks and a lot of other crap they thought they had them opened up. 200 gallons of water was shot from a water cannon that promptly came flying back out. cleaned that up and called it a night. Mid morning this morning something broke loose and the Doo Doo disaster was over..........

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Well since you asked, the other night I was splitting wood and must have been a little closer to a tree than I thought. Took a good swing and the splitting maul hit a branch above me. Spun out and the handle beaned me right between the eyes. I still have a good bump and a bit of discoloration but not quite a black eye.

I'm looking around better before I swing now. Kinda like checking to be sure the kickstand is up.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              Well since you asked, the other night I was splitting wood and must have been a little closer to a tree than I thought. Took a good swing and the splitting maul hit a branch above me. Spun out and the handle beaned me right between the eyes. I still have a good bump and a bit of discoloration but not quite a black eye.

I'm looking around better before I swing now. Kinda like checking to be sure the kickstand is up.

I think you'll be OK as long as you don't have a kick stand on the maul. eh
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X