Another 1100e coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1100e coming.

Last night a friend of mine sent me a "moving sale" notice from facebook...it was far away from me in the Okanagan but I was intrigued enough to send him a note...he contacted me today and we made a deal over the phone.
    Now there was the issue of how in the world am I going to get it by December 3rd? It is about 500kms away.
    So I called a buddy that lives close to him about an hour away... he said he'd be happy to go get it and store it until I can get there. Good man!

The bike....1982 GS1100E with 38,000kms...really nice guy and he bought it new....he told me he put the exhaust, oil cooler, fork brace etc on a year after he bought new. He is selling because he has not rode it since he started having "balancing issues" 7 years ago....super nice guy.

No signature

As Ive said before....Welcome to the EZ BoyEZ club !!
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      Lol...thanks Dave!
      No signature

Comment

Trevor, you need the help line.

1-800- to many Suzuki's.
        2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
        2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
        1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
        2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
        1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
        1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
        1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
        Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Yes, Welcome! Interesting brace, other bits, I'll wait till it's home at Chez Trevor before we delve into it. Good luck!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Love the sound from the Wolf systems.
            Congrats, Trevor.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Love the sound from the Wolf systems.
              Congrats, Trevor.
              Thanks Steve, I don't think I've actually heard a Wolf system before....the header certainly looks very free flowing.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Yes, Welcome! Interesting brace, other bits, I'll wait till it's home at Chez Trevor before we delve into it. Good luck!
              Lol...thanks Rob, you may remember I had an 83 1100e that was crashed by a friend.

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
              Trevor, you need the help line.

1-800- to many Suzuki's.
              Lol...pot calling kettle black!
              No signature

Comment

"Too Many" Suzukis?...NO..."Many" Suzukis? yes...Congrats.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Nicest looking bike Suzuki ever made
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

500kms and how many washed out roads away?

Nice score, Trevor!
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                      500kms and how many washed out roads away?

Nice score, Trevor!
                      Well it's defiantly a challenge...lol...I hope to get there in January...going in for surgery (again) to get the pins removed from my hip December 9th...
                      No signature

Comment

Ha! Good for you, I messaged the guy, he didn't get back to me for a few days and I've been too busy the rest of the week, told him I was going to call Thursday. Glad it's going to a good home. The ad was just for a yard sale and I wouldn't have given it any thought but the photo of the bike popped up.
                        I had a Wolf on my first 1150, it was fairly loud but good and throaty sounding.
                        Last edited by Big Block; 11-24-2021, 11:26 PM.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                          Ha! Good for you, I messaged the guy, he didn't get back to me for a few days and I've been too busy the rest of the week, told him I was going to call Thursday. Glad it's going to a good home. The ad was just for a yard sale and I wouldn't have given it any thought but the photo of the bike popped up.
                          I had a Wolf on my first 1150, it was fairly loud but good and throaty sounding.
                          Small world..lol...A friend that lives in Cherryville alerted me to it...I sent a message Monday and someone got back to me Tuesday morning with the sellers number and I called him...real nice guy,,,we talked for quite a while.
                          No signature

Comment

Yes: I just messaged him that it went to a good home and I was just happy a kid didn't get ahold of it and screw it up. I originally messaged him Sunday but he didn't message me back with a phone # until Tuesday and I've been too busy to call him. I was almost shocked when I opened the ad up and seen it and I would have called right that minute and went down immediately to look at it if he had included his number in the ad. I should buy a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki next anyway to mix it up a bit!
                            1986 1150EF
                            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                              Yes: I just messaged him that it went to a good home and I was just happy a kid didn't get ahold of it and screw it up. I originally messaged him Sunday but he didn't message me back with a phone # until Tuesday and I've been too busy to call him. I was almost shocked when I opened the ad up and seen it and I would have called right that minute and went down immediately to look at it if he had included his number in the ad. I should buy a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki next anyway to mix it up a bit!
                              The guy I know in Cherryville is moving out of country and has some old Kawasaki's to sell.... And some ducs
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X