Another 1100e coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Lol...thanks Rob, you may remember I had an 83 1100e that was crashed by a friend.
    How could I forget Big Blue?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      How could I forget Big Blue?
      Lol...I'm thinking I will put the blue tank on it I saved....my dad painted that bike...and the new bike needs a paint job...not sure how it would look in Blue without the black engine though.??
      The other bonus is that I had Wes Cooley sign that tank too when he was here.
      No signature

Comment

I'm thinking I will put the blue tank on it
        I wanna see that ! Paint don't look too bad aside from the fender. 1100E in Cooley colors ?
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I've always thought the "82" 1100E colors would look better with the black eng., & the "83" 1100E colors would look better with a silver eng.. Seems you've got a the best option.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Tests have shown the '83 red looks the fastest. I am testing mine right now!

image.jpg
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I remember there was a Jardine Header add showing a 80-81 GS 1100e. It was painted black, with red,orange, yellow stripes. I always liked that color scheme. That with polished aluminum engine covers. 😎
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Well this is crazy...even for me....but I found another 82 1100e...I still haven't picked up the first one in this thread from Summerland about 400kms from me....last night I found another for sale and as luck would have it it's only about 50kms from the first one....I couldn't resist...the guy I bought it from bought it several years ago from his friend that bought it new....it has some nice goodies on it too....yoshi, lockhart cooler
                The plan is to go this Friday to pick up both bikes.

Last edited by trevor; 01-23-2022, 06:22 PM.
                No signature

Comment

Trevor check your PMs as you have money to burn you may be interested with the link I sent you
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                    Trevor check your PMs as you have money to burn you may be interested with the link I sent you
                    Lol...I don't see anything yet
                    No signature

Comment

quick buy it befor they up the letter per post requirement
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

quick buy it befor they up the letter per post requirement
                        Message sent to the guy....quick delete your post.
                        Thanks for that
                        No signature

Comment

Message sent to the guy....quick delete your post.
                          Thanks for that
                          It is a platform specific item is it not? not used on its lesser siblings?
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

It is a platform specific item is it not? not used on its lesser siblings?
                            Yep, the gauges of course are unique to the S model
                            No signature

Comment

Yep, the gauges of course are unique to the S model
                              wow in that case unobtanium unicorn stuff.
                              I hope you get it rather than having it got to some other douchebag
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

wow in that case unobtanium unicorn stuff.
                                I hope you get it rather than having it got to some other douchebag
                                Lol...well he told me he would ship to me and nothing...no replies....I hate buying and selling crap...lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X