Posting pics from flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting pics from flickr

Hope I am posting this in the proper place, if not just tell me and I will delete it and put it in the proper place.

I texted back and forth with Rich (Rich - 1982 GS 750TZ) yesterday about an issue I am having with my tablet trying to get the BBCode for posting pics on this site. I also discovered tonight that I have the same problem when trying to post pics with my phone.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this same issue and what did you do to fix it?

In a nutshell the problem is when I find a pic on my flickr account and want to post it here, I hit the share button which is the curved arrow and this is what happens next. Instead of giving me the BBCode, I get this window opening up and can do no more.

IMG_20211128_132143478 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

The only way I have of posting pics is when using my laptop. The laptop is too big to take along on road trips and with some upcoming travel plans I want to be able to post pics occasionally.

And I also will not be trading in my worthless android tablet for a new Ipad just so I can post pictures.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I'm not familiar with that app but what I do know is that any image that can be defined by a https://www.whatever.jpeg (or similar image code) can be linked here.

Simply put brackets like [img] before the https... and [/img] at the end.

Do this and the image will show up here in your post.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

If it helps anyone help Larry with this issue, I updated the Imgur/Flickr post linked in my signature with a video of the process I used to get the BBCode from one of his Flicker images. Worked for me, but he’s not getting the choice of the BBCode, instead he’s getting the screenshot above.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I also do not get the bbcode option when i try to use the Flickr app from my phone but have no problems from the computer. You would think they’d figure it out by now but I just don’t worry about it
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Can't be done with the App.
            There used to be a couple third party apps that made it possible, but they appear to have vanished around 2018.
            Only way I know to get the BBCode on a phone/tablet is through the web site on your browser.
            Never been a problem for me, as I always travel with a laptop.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Larry, if you have the app on your tablet, try deleting it and just use your browser to access Flickr. I suspect, even if you start on your browser, when you click on the image, your tablet is opening the app.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Bourbon Shelf by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Did this on my phone using the web site.
                You have to use the drop-down menu, and click "Desktop site."

Comment

Just to clarify, (back at my laptop).

I opened the browser on my android phone.
                  Did a google search on Flickr, and clicked the link to the main page.
                  Logged in, and picked a photo.
                  But the little arrow, gave me the same stuff Larry got.

Clicked the three dots at the upper right of the page, for the drop down menu.
                  Click on "Desktop Site"
                  Now when I clicked on the arrow, I got the BBCode option.
                  Copy and past just like normal.

I did not remove the Flickr app to do this.
                  Last edited by Baatfam; 12-01-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Aha. Bob’ got it!
                    the Mobile site (that’s more phone viewing friendly), does not give you the BBCode.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      Larry, if you have the app on your tablet, try deleting it and just use your browser to access Flickr. I suspect, even if you start on your browser, when you click on the image, your tablet is opening the app.
                      Exactly. On my Droid tablet I can't post BBCode with app but if I go to the normal website I can get the BBCode in the normal way. On my phone it always defaults to the app a d can't get the BBCode from there. I didn't delete the app and have 2 shortcuts my home screen. Mine's Samsung and this many vary depending make and model. Either way like Bob suggested you have to get to the desktop site.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        Exactly. On my Droid tablet I can't post BBCode with app but if I go to the normal website I can get the BBCode in the normal way. On my phone it always defaults to the app a d can't get the BBCode from there. I didn't delete the app and have 2 shortcuts my home screen. Mine's Samsung and this many vary depending make and model. Either way like Bob suggested you have to get to the desktop site.
                        So there are two different mobile apps for Flickr. One is the Flickr app, downloaded through the play store or something, and a mobile browser version.
                        The app opens the app, which you cannot get the BBCode. But if I open my browser (Google) and go to flickr.com, I get a different mobile version.
                        The browser mobile web page, has a desktop site option (see below) under the three dots to the upper right. After you click it, you get the normal web site.

From my Motorola android phone:

Comment

Well! It looks like different make devices behave differently, even within the same manufacturer. My phone and tablet are fairly current Samsung running the latest code and with the Google browser I get a truncated options menu with minimal options and without the option for the desktop browser Bob shows so no way to get to BBCode on the phone. On the tablet with Google I do get the same options as he shows however on the tablet I can go directly to the desktop browser via a home screen shortcut I created to take me there. No wonder these devices can drive a person to the nut house. LOL.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Bob,
                            I added your screenshot to the thread I have linked in my signature about using Imgur/Flickr. It's become quite the article. Someday, maybe I'll have all the tips and tricks in one place. Thanks for your contribution. Maybe someone (dpep?) Could copy and paste post # 6 of that thread into it's own Sticky Article?
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys, but I have come to the conclusion that I am just too fvcking stoopid to do this any other way than using my laptop.

Maybe some day it will "click" for me and I will figure it out.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
                              X