No announcement yet.

Posting pics from flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found a different Suzuki forum to post my pics with zero hassle, I've no patience with the convoluted system here of finding a fiddly photo hosting site.

Browse photo folder, click and post, that's how simple it should and can be.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
      I just found a different Suzuki forum to post my pics with zero hassle, I've no patience with the convoluted system here of finding a fiddly photo hosting site.

Browse photo folder, click and post, that's how simple it should and can be.
      Link to other forum?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

Comment

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

A quick look at the staff directory tells me this is primarily a European Suzuki group.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

It's international mostly european but there are also Canadians, Americans, Aussies, kiwis everyone is welcome. I'm also not the only GS resources member there. Only requirements to join are "read and obey" the rules and have a thick skin the comments/humour can be blunt but it's all good.

If you like following build projects it's a great forum, there are some amazing projects that should interest any Suzuki owner.
            Last edited by wyly; 12-11-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I posted a site here once with a workaround but Bob's way looks easier... I don't think they offered that back then
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I noticed this thread and figured that I'd throw in another method of getting pics in a post. I am assuming that with Flickr that you can get the URL to the pic. There are many ways of getting this URL but the methods will differ whether you are on a PC or a laptop. For instance I grabbed this Flickr URL from a post listed above - https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a88944b_c.jpg/. Once you have the URL then click on the Image icon in the toolbar of this editor. It's the icon that looks has a mountain and a sun in it. A box will pop up so then enter the URL and whatever other params you want. Click OK and the image should be in your post. You can resize to whatever size you want. If you need to tweak the pic in your post just double-click on the pic.

For me, that's pretty easy. The trickiest part is getting the URL for the picture. Some websites do things to stop you from doing that because linking a photo like that causes traffic on their websites without you actually being on their website. Most things like Flickr don't stop from what I can see. I hope this helps.

51329223580_f9da88944b_c.jpg

Comment

The Flickr mobile site doesn't have the bbcode.
                  You have to use the dropdown in the mobile to switch to the desktop version. See post #12.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    I noticed this thread and figured that I'd throw in another method of getting pics in a post. I am assuming that with Flickr that you can get the URL to the pic. There are many ways of getting this URL but the methods will differ whether you are on a PC or a laptop. For instance I grabbed this Flickr URL from a post listed above - https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a88944b_c.jpg/. Once you have the URL then click on the Image icon in the toolbar of this editor. It's the icon that looks has a mountain and a sun in it. A box will pop up so then enter the URL and whatever other params you want. Click OK and the image should be in your post. You can resize to whatever size you want. If you need to tweak the pic in your post just double-click on the pic.

For me, that's pretty easy. The trickiest part is getting the URL for the picture. Some websites do things to stop you from doing that because linking a photo like that causes traffic on their websites without you actually being on their website. Most things like Flickr don't stop from what I can see. I hope this helps.

51329223580_f9da88944b_c.jpg
                    Thanks Frank. Much appreciated.

Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X