Motorcycle factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle factory

An interesting video of motorcycle assembly at the Royal Enfield factory in Oregadam, India.
    Just the first few minutes is worth watching for the skill shown in the hand painted pin striping.

โรงงานผลิตมอเตอร์ไซค์ Royal Enfield ที่อินเดีย - YouTube
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

That factory looks to be running at quite a high rate. A quick google search suggests they are making in excess of 48k bikes/month. That's rippin.

Edit: the 48k number is total number of bikes RE makes, I'm not sure how many factories they have.
    Last edited by Nessism; 12-01-2021, 03:49 PM.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Those guys pinstriping the tanks always stun me. How can they do that? Tank after tank; ho hum.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

When I was in Bologna training on the 2006 Ducati Desmosedici, they gave us a tour of the factory. Very modern and streamlined and modern. One line where engines got built, another for chassis. Overhead tracks everywhere. At the end is a finished bike. Oil is added and its immediately pushed into the dyno room where every bike
        is run to redline in every gear. Made me less concerned about break in mileage. I peeked in the door of the race shop but got shooed away pretty fast.

Mad
        83 GS750E
        2006 ZX14
        2004 KTM 450 EXC
        2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Very impressive. Only wish I could understand their language.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
            Very impressive. Only wish I could understand their language.
            Sounds very much like we what we hear every day in this part of Canada.

The actual language that gets used most varies considerably in different regions and/or localities across India.
            There are more than a hundred actual historical languages in every day use, along with the major ones, plus the dialects within them..
            I have learned to understand some words in Hindi and Punjabi, but we have friends from South India and when they chatter with their friends in their own language I cannot understand a single word.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
              Those guys pinstriping the tanks always stun me. How can they do that? Tank after tank; ho hum.
              Perhaps they look forward to lots of beer at the end of the day or week....when they can get tanked themselves?
              Do they get Red Stripe in India?
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Apropos to nothing, my 20 yr old kid is teaching himself Sanskrit. No idea why. But it’s kinda cool.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I heard bits and pieces of English here and there, and all the signs seemed to have English translations.

The ladies slapping transmissions together with hardly a glance impressed me. I suppose after a couple thousand you get pretty good at it. If you've only done a few, transmission assembly is a high-stakes half-day brain-bender.

Even in some of the most automated modern factories in the world, it's pretty amazing how many human hands and brains are still needed.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Indian motorcycles.
                    NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Working...
                    X