drooping front turn signals phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drooping front turn signals phenomenon

i have 3 GS's (80' 1000's) that have botched front turn signals that look like they are sad puppy ears. the headlight ear brackets cannot be bent enough to make the signals straight and the turn signals are straight and the part that mounts is metal and it's not like they can melt downwards. It's a droopy mess and makes the bike like horrendous.

Has anyone ever seen this and made sense of it? I am thinking they are like this by chance from 3 different owners who swapped out the headlight ear's or something to fit a fairing. Sorry no pictures at the moment
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

I'm thinking of flipping mine side to side. I'm sure the heat has had it's way with the plastic.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Lots of things "droop" on me.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
        i have 3 GS's (80' 1000's) that have botched front turn signals that look like they are sad puppy ears. the headlight ear brackets cannot be bent enough to make the signals straight and the turn signals are straight and the part that mounts is metal and it's not like they can melt downwards. It's a droopy mess and makes the bike like horrendous.

Has anyone ever seen this and made sense of it? I am thinking they are like this by chance from 3 different owners who swapped out the headlight ear's or something to fit a fairing. Sorry no pictures at the moment
        Have you got metal or plastic signals. I would have thought that the 80 bikes had metal.
        In any case, plastic or metal, there is the square shaped rubber cushion in the mount bracket that could be worn.
        My 80 850 is a bit of a Frankenbike with the later plastic signals.
        Are the signals interchangeable?
        The cushion are as follows;
        The p/n for the 80 1000 is 35690-32200
        The p/n for the 83 850 is 09320-15002
        Are they different?
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Lots of things "droop" on me.
          It's normal with age.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Can you believe someone went out of there way to make these headlight ears look like this

lol.jpg

Last edited by GabrielGoes; 12-18-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Surely you're not say'in someone came to your place & made the front turn signals on all 3 of your "80" Gs1000's sag. Surly I've missed something...& like I said somewhere else, that is not a shrubbery, it is a tree...it just ain't had a chance to grow up yet.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                Surely you're not say'in someone came to your place & made the front turn signals on all 3 of your "80" Gs1000's sag. Surly I've missed something...& like I said somewhere else, that is not a shrubbery, it is a tree...it just ain't had a chance to grow up yet.
                See the picture I posted above mate. I'm checking my second GS which I suspect has jibbled headlight ears as well. They were like this.

Comment

On 3 different bikes??
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                    On 3 different bikes??

That's what I'm saying mate. These rubbish mechanics just cannot leave these things alone. It looks like one of the just bent the living daylights out if it to fit a fairing on it.

The second one I am finding out 1 of the ears is completely different almost an inch shorter than the left side.

The third one I have yet to investigate why they are crooked. But it's not as bad as the first 2

Comment

This remains a phenomenon, on what exactly possesses these people to do these to these headlight ears.

This is the second set of headlight ears on my second gs1000 that had these noodled headlight ears.

noodles.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X