Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we are again in the storm bullseye......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everything is ok, Scott! That is some pretty devastating footage they are showing of Mayfield.
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

guy on the radio claimed it was 80deg in Memphis yesterday. sounds a lil' cray cray for December!?

glad to hear marvinsc doing ok. thx for update
      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

No need for religion when considering nature's destructive capabilities??? Well, everybody's got the right to their own opinion.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          I just talked to Scott. He's okay but pretty excited! The tornado missed his house by only seven miles! It sure is a mess down there and no electricity. I haven't heard from Ron, I know he's down there too. Crazy December weather!
          Yeah Norm, I'm 3-4 hours east of Mayfield. I do have some family closer to that area and they are all fine. They said their weather was about like mine here in Lexington, some rain and 30-40 mph winds for about 2 hours. Now it's getting colder, real quickly! Was 63 degrees at 4 this morning when the rain woke me up, now its 43 and headed for 29 tonight. Gonna have to turn on the garage heater! Or stay in the house and watch basketball!
          Ron
          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
          1982 GS1100E
          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            No need for religion when considering nature's destructive capabilities. I'm really glad he's okay. My heart goes out to those less fortunate.
            haha.Even putting aside the trivial example of seasick scientists that will pray for relief, I'm pretty sure it's innate. When I combine FEAR and WONDER , that's more than halfway to invention if I haven't got a personal deity already implanted.

However, I don't believe my "petitions" have or could ever elicit a response. In that direction lies infinite trouble, even if it, too, is innate.

Comment

Posting from my phone power still out. No damage here but Dresden TN and Mayfield KY got hammered
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks for posting, Scott. Take care of yourself and family. When the time comes we will want to hear your story.
                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Sounds like a good time to commission a suit of armor from Gustav!

Glad to here you guys are okay!
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    Posting from my phone power still out. No damage here but Dresden TN and Mayfield KY got hammered
                    That is good news and bad news, but great that you are okay.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Good to hear from ya, Best of luck to you & yours.
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                        Yeah Norm, I'm 3-4 hours east of Mayfield. I do have some family closer to that area and they are all fine. They said their weather was about like mine here in Lexington, some rain and 30-40 mph winds for about 2 hours. Now it's getting colder, real quickly! Was 63 degrees at 4 this morning when the rain woke me up, now its 43 and headed for 29 tonight. Gonna have to turn on the garage heater! Or stay in the house and watch basketball!
                        I am glad to hear all of GSR folks are OK in your area..

Weather can be puzzling, especially if your locale is quite close to a major event..
                        You had winds 30-40mph, while just a short distance away the winds were much worse and tornado damage was extensive.

We are about six hundred miles north, but it almost looks like the wind that bypassed you came to visit us, as we had gusts up to 75mph yesterday afternoon/evening.
                        It was interesting to me because we got a lot of leaves blown against our hedge, and many were from trees that do not even exist on our street.
                        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                        X