Update from KEITH KRAUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from KEITH KRAUSE

In discussion in WhoWentForRide thread, our ol' buddy KEITH KRAUSE popped in with a comment after not hearing much from him in last year or so, and then he gave an update. I Quote that update here. (dont miss the next to last paragraph).

He may not like the attention, but I suspect many folks here would like to see the update and make comment.

Keith was quite active in technical sections, and active with posting pics of his bike on great SoCal canyon roads, and then moved to SE Utah.

KEITH KRAUSE
    Forum GuruCharter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Join DateOct 2002
    LocationAngeles Forest, So.Calif./Hurricane, Utah.
    Posts8,835

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
    I had fun getting that pic of my 1000. Light traffic, but when they came, they came FAST! It was the year 2000 in the Angeles National Forest and I would try to listen for any vehicles coming and then set the bike just right and try to get a quick shot. Took a few tries.

I haven't visited as often, I suppose in part because my advice is often carburetor related and my replies are often the same thing over and over. I guess after finding the GSR in 1999, my enthusiasm has waned a tad? I'm sure thankful for Frank and the GSR. I still have my '79 1000E since new. Owning it has been much easier because of the GSR and sharing the experience with fine folks like you, Red'.

I need to update my profile. I have two homes. I have one in southern Cal' I bought back in '84. My family still lives there. I got sick of Cal' and retired in 2016. I just upgraded to a new home in the city of Washington, Utah, about 4 miles from Hurricane. I like it here. Beautiful place. Being lonely is sometimes a problem but working on it.

I recently had a bout with cancer and they removed my right kidney. I've had tests done since my June surgery and so far my tests say I'm clean. I rarely get even a cold, so the cancer thing was a bad surprise. I guess things happen when you get older.

We finally have the colder temps arriving. Lower 20's at night with low 40's during the day for the next week or so. May even get a dusting of snow by tomorrow? I know you Michigan folks would think that's sun tan weather.
    You be sure to be careful out there. I appreciate the pics! Take care, bud!

Last edited by Redman; 12-15-2021, 05:09 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Keith,
    Thanks for update.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.
    Good that surgery has been productive.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Do what you can and trust for the rest.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for the update Redman.

Prayers for Keith for continued good health and a happy life.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I appreciate the thoughts. As for the cancer, they say only the good die young, so I don't have anything to worry about.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Glad to hear they got it Keith!
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

OOhhh, Out of CA., cancer free, seems things just keep getting better. Congrats. "Being lonely is sometimes a problem, but working on it". I'm right backwards from you, for me being lonely is good, but today "trying to find a place to be lonely" is the problem. Folks just keep moving in & building around here, just not near as nice, rural, peaceful, & lonely as in the past, but I'm working on it. Good to hear from ya.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
            X