Merry Christmas & HNY 2021 - One Last Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Stay safe and healthy and see you in 2022!!!!

Ed

Thanks....I have a lot of issues with Christmas/New Years holidays due to some bad history.
    But things generally turn out well, and I have a good time.

We are having a very small, dual Christmas.
    Our oldest daughter and granddaughters can only come on Christmas Eve. (Christmas day with separated father).
    Our younger girl and partner can only come on Christmas day due to work.
    Our son is MIA...

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Merry Christmas, fellow lunatics and madmen.
    Where is my "LIKE" button???

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Great New Year to all the GSR family!!!
    Last edited by Baatfam; 12-21-2021, 09:24 PM.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The next 10 days come with a lot of expectations, some good, some not so much. I come from a long line of assorted Fruits and nuts and have seen my share of Holiday Drama including a family free for all that my folks thought I slept through LOL. I have reached the age now that what I want for Christmas can't be purchased since it is for all my family and friends to have a Happy and Healthy Holiday season and 2022!
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks to you, Bob…for sharing your thoughts on this season.

Seems like every year goes by so quickly these days…it’s felt that way for me since I turned 40…which was 15 years ago.

Some of our family members have since gone in that time but I’m grateful for each passing year I’m still here.

Our eldest is staying home in Baltimore this year because our youngest who currently lives with us, was infected with Covid last week. She works at local SPCA and is studying to be a Vet Tech. Anyhow, my wife and SIL as well as myself have all tested negative (twice) in the past week. Quarantine is not fun for our youngest so she is missing work— thankfully, she is on college break but still not a nice way to spend the holiday. EDIT and her birthday...the day after Christmas (Boxing Day)

I’m off work this week so I’m not potentially putting anyone in harms way by being at work. I always wear my mask during duty hours anyway but glad it worked out I’m away from work this week.

This site is great and can be a good escape in the interest of others activities. Having some sort of balance to include hobbies does wonders for our minds. I’m happy to come here and see what keeps people occupied in their lives.

Thanks to ALL of you guys for sharing your thoughts.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-22-2021, 09:25 AM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I don't know you guys yet but am working on it. I hope everyone gets lots of GS goodies.
          Dale

1982 Suzuki GS1100G
          2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Honda 250 Rebel
          1984 Honda Nighthawk S CB700SC
          1973 Yamaha RT3 360

Comment

Thanks Dale,

You'll do fine in making friends here. It depends on how much interaction/replies are done and how they are received. Simple explanation from me but that's how I summarize my almost 10 years here.

I'm doing a lot of reflecting and capturing my thoughts virtually on here to understand my online personality. I say, "here" because this place is the one forum I have been actively dedicated to engage in the threads that intrigue me.

It's best to stay away from $ex, religion and politics but the emotions captured can be revealing about the personalities in Off-Topic areas.

Other than that, it's a great place to learn about the GS. Once you browse through the main GS Resources homepage and get to see how this place evolved, you'll discover your own meaning about appreciating this place even more.

Thanks to Frank for keeping TheGSResources up and running.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-22-2021, 11:41 AM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all forum members.
              I have met quite a few of the members here and hope to keep making more acquaintances in the future.
              Those of you I have met all seem to be extremely nice folks and I feel richer for having known you all.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Merry and Happy to everybody. I'm a loner, so it doesn't really apply to me.

We used to have pets, and they still appear in my dreams. Last three pets, I decided no euthanasia. Why should the last moments of their happy lives be sheer terror? When it's near the end, they choose their spot, food, heating pad and all facilities are brought to them.

After, I build a box, get the shovel and pick axe, and ensconce them in a recondite corner of the garden, between two shrubs.

Merry Christmas 2021, Happy New Year 2022. May we all be written in the Book of Life for another year.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

We used to have pets, and they still appear in my dreams. Last three pets, I decided no euthanasia. Why should the last moments of their happy lives be sheer terror? When it's near the end, they choose their spot, food, heating pad and all facilities are brought to them.

After, I build a box, get the shovel and pick axe, and ensconce them in a recondite corner of the garden, between two shrubs.

Merry Christmas 2021, Happy New Year 2022. May we all be written in the Book of Life for another year.
                  We will be making decisions on that soon too....but isn't that the whole point of euthanasia....to relieve pain and suffering?
                  Last edited by trevor; 12-22-2021, 01:31 PM.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    We will be making decisions on that soon too....but isn't that the whole point of euthanasia....to relive pain and suffering?

"Relieve" pain and suffering is how I'm reading this...I'm sure reliving it is not the intent.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Rob,

I'm not going to convince you otherwise about being a "loner" but I'm glad to see you participate here. Your social skills are still active as ARE your dreams you mention in another thread.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-22-2021, 01:38 PM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        "Relieve" pain and suffering is how I'm reading this...I'm sure reliving it is not the intent.

Ed

Yes, thanks Ed...I fixed it. Cheers
                        No signature

Comment

With a happy heart, this crazy old man wishes you all a safe and prosperous life. Take care of yourself in your youth, cuz you pay for the abuse in the end. Now it’s time for a hot toddy, put my feet up and watch another movie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            We will be making decisions on that soon too....but isn't that the whole point of euthanasia....to relieve pain and suffering?
                            My brother's wive's had this one eyed cat for years, before marriage and kids. Loved me, visa versa. Big guy, I played with him like a dog.

My brother had it euthanized, no accompanying kids or wife. It fought back, left a mark in my brother (to which I said,"good").

But I've found the home method has worked best.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

My brother's wive's had this one eyed cat for years, before marriage and kids. Loved me, visa versa. Big guy, I played with him like a dog.

My brother had it euthanized, no accompanying kids or wife. It fought back, left a mark in my brother (to which I said,"good").

But I've found the home method has worked best.
                              i just don’t want to be that guy that allows a pet to suffer because I can’t handle losing her. I can’t make it about me.
                              Your way sounds nice as long as they aren’t suffering more than is necessary... jeez I don’t know
                              No signature

Comment

I think you fellows should start a different thread "How to put down a pet" and quit hijacking this one... For "Christ" sake.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X