Whatever happened to Steve and others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to Steve and others?

I did some forum reading tonight. Apparently I can't remember how to do a member search or its not working. After some hunting around apparently Steve from Ohio has gone AWOL. Cowboy defended him admirably and then when it got hot he went AWOL, on the thread anyway. How does one exactly lose eyes on Steve, a pretty regular GSR'er? I guess story to be continued....

Next I was searching for old Cliff. His site is BikeCliff but his forum name was Basscliff I believe as he was a guitar player if memory serves. Just wondering whatever happened with him. Is he active?

Next there was a guy in Colorado, I think TKent or something close to that. He was doing 550/650 mods. Was wondering what became of it? Is he active?

Any other notables gone MIA that I am missing?

Damn, Robert Barr doesn't sell the o-rings anymore???...I got to quit reading the forum tonight, getting sad

Comment

Your Colorado subject was a grouch who tired of us happy people. Good riddance!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Cliff is still around and good. I am friends with him on Facebook.
        Pretty sure he still rides, but it seems music has become his main hobby.
        Actually, hobby is not the right word. The band he belongs to, his very good.
        Last edited by Baatfam; 12-24-2021, 07:57 AM.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I was not that Steve left over an argument......that's not cool.

Comment

Can't speak for anyone else but in my case it can be summed up with one word: Miasma.
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

How about the photography guy from Colorado? Haven't seen any of his beautiful nature shots in quite a while.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I've only noticed Steve not hanging out as much. For whatever reason...which Cowboy & Norm may know, he is not taking any messages.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

My all-time favorite was Scout and his predicament's.

Comment

I am still here just busy with stuff in my shop and work. I do talk to Steve regularly and he is fine for the most part just very busy with the house remodeling and other things (he is fixing an issue for me right now after my youngest daughter made the Bandit take a nap a couple of weeks ago).
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Tkent02 (Tom) was a prolific poster. Highly engaged in various projects, mostly 550/650 related, as mentioned. I miss his wit.

Cliff was like a shooting star through the GSR universe! Such a great guy. Last I remember he pulled the top end off his bike to fix a leak. Just guessing, but I suspect his 850 is still sitting under some blankets in his garage, waiting to be put back together.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Dorkburger brought his name up recently. But I always liked that "Steel Toe Tank" fellow. He was a character.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I miss a certain crazy military contractor who spent a long time in Dubai, etc., and who was probably the most irreverent poster ever.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

I recognize them all. Over the years, many have left, but I think the majority left for reasons unrelated to anything happening on the GSR. In Steve's case, if there was something that happened here, I missed it. More likely, life got hold of him and he is otherwise over occupied. In Colorado CJ's case, photography is/was his primary interest, along with camping and drone racing. He had a massive photo site of his work and I expect still does.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Easy, Norm. we are in Campfire.
                              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                              X