No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to Steve and others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed.... but still doesn't change anything.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
      I was not that Steve left over an argument......that's not cool.
      Snark is an artform for a high percentage of internet users. . Some people get tired of it and have better things to engage in.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Dorkburger brought his name up recently. But I always liked that "Steel Toe Tank" fellow. He was a character.

Steel toe tank....wasn't he from Canada? If it's the same guy I'm thinking of we met him a Sandy's rally in Cranbrook several years ago....and what a character! Lol
        No signature

Comment

Dorkburger brought his name up recently. But I always liked that "Steel Toe Tank" fellow. He was a character.
          I sent him the MC & brake handle off my parts bike for his "T", he was grateful, email date: 4/9/2013. I do still have PMs from him...and yes, he was in Canada!

What about these guys:

oregonjake
          Colin green
          wacky
          coldrider
          ironmike
          ddaniels
          nelson83
          mrbill5491
          bikemtn
          gtd2000
          oldtwin
          gsx1000e

I have their PMs saved...that's how I remembered them...lol!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-24-2021, 02:14 PM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            In Colorado CJ's case, photography is/was his primary interest, along with camping and drone racing. He had a massive photo site of his work and I expect still does.
            I recognized his last name and a MN license plate in one of his pics. Come to find out his uncle has a Beech Bonanza I worked on in northern Minnesota. Small world.......

and another GS guy from up there was Dan the Man. He rode a GS out to California and back. Wonder how hes doing ?....
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I remember he and a buddy were 200 miles from nowhere in Alaska stopped at the side of the "road" when the Google camera car went by.... sure enough the images showed up a couple of months later on Google Earth...
              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Yes Trevor, Steel Toed Tank came to Sandy’s rally. He is the one who picked up that sprocket tooth in his tire. Scott ordered new sprockets and chain so he could get home. I believe that Tank came from the Calvary area and had to ride some 700 miles, some through rain and snow to get to the rally. A big nice guy.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                  I remember he and a buddy were 200 miles from nowhere in Alaska stopped at the side of the "road" when the Google camera car went by.... sure enough the images showed up a couple of months later on Google Earth...
                  Actually mostly correct but it was actually not far from my place on a remote gravel back road by Lussier Hot Springs. I'll check and see if that part has been over written with new data.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                    What about these guys:

oregonjake
                    Colin green
                    wacky
                    coldrider
                    ironmike
                    ddaniels
                    nelson83
                    mrbill5491
                    bikemtn
                    gtd2000
                    oldtwin
                    gsx1000e
                    ddaniels has been around latley. Did a lot of engine work on a FZ1(?).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      ddaniels has been around latley. Did a lot of engine work on a FZ1(?).
                      I'll have to stalk him to see this thread work you speak of...lol!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy;[URL="tel:2676138"
                        2676138[/URL]]Actually mostly correct but it was actually not far from my place on a remote gravel back road by Lussier Hot Springs. I'll check and see if that part has been over written with new data.
                        My memory is not what it was Sandy! Still a good story and I know of
                        no other who has found themselves on Google Earth, lol…
                        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          I sent him the MC & brake handle off my parts bike for his "T", he was grateful, email date: 4/9/2013. I do still have PMs from him...and yes, he was in Canada!

What about these guys:

oregonjake
                          Colin green
                          wacky
                          coldrider
                          ironmike
                          ddaniels
                          nelson83
                          mrbill5491
                          bikemtn
                          gtd2000
                          oldtwin
                          gsx1000e

I have their PMs saved...that's how I remembered them...lol!

Ed

WHat did happen to Steel Toe, I remember that guy. Another couple I can add: Koolaid Kid and TCK (the cafe kid). I know what happened to TCK and maybe Koolaid passed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Your Colorado subject was a grouch who tired of us happy people. Good riddance!
                            Your not exactly wrong, we had a run in or two but he did know his 550/650 and he was an asset here I thought. We had talked a 650E transaction at some point too, he's not terribly far away. I searched him and $hit, he's been gone a long time now! Time flies...and if I remember right so did he.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              Can't speak for anyone else but in my case it can be summed up with one word: Miasma.
                              I have to ask what is Miasma?

An aside:
                              One of you made my "Ignore List" apparently at one time or another but I can't remember why

Comment

Yes, Koolaid Kid passed several years ago, a group of Gsers scattered his ashes along some of his favorite riding routes with the family's blessing.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X