Read a good book lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Aside from reading some fun fantasy fiction...
    Pilot, have you read this book? I picked it up because you suggested Becky Chambers writing. It's a collection of short sci-fi stories, Chambers story is number two in the book I believe. The shorts are super fun.

Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Now onto this one:

Both are pretty good reads, definitely geared more towards the mother but I'm finding it very very helpful. My wife and I are sharing the book so it's been interesting to talk about the pregnancy and now the planning and readiness that comes in the first year.
      Haha! Ya, I read some version of the what to expect series after our son was born. They're helpful, no doubt. But, at the end of the day it's all about gettin your hands dirty...and a whole lotta patients

As for good reads recently
      I did read the Cryptonomicon which was a BEAST for me but god it was good.

I remember Cryptonomicon being everywhere after it came out, super popular. I also could've been spending a lot of time at book stores at the time, I dunno.

Once I get done with the what to expect series... I'm looking forward to reading Anthony Bordain's Kitchen confidential
      I LOVED Kitchen Confidential. I worked front of the house in restaurants for years, I have mad respect for the kitchen.
      Last edited by RustyTank; 01-14-2022, 05:40 PM.
      Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
      1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
        Pilot, have you read this book? I picked it up because you suggested Becky Chambers writing. It's a collection of short sci-fi stories, Chambers story is number two in the book I believe. The shorts are super fun.

I sure haven't, but I will!
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          This one's a worthy read, same author!

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fal...son/1129745518

Stephenson does a great job in painting the detail of the scene and that coloration also flows for his character development.
          I heard Snow Crash was also really well done.
          I should give some more of his books a run.
          Best,
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Great book! Part of the Pride (My life among the big cats of Africa) by Kevin Richardson
            Lot of insight in animal behavior, excellent commentary. It makes me wish German Shepherds could be lions, or that I could have both. heh
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
            X