No announcement yet.

BC Deepfreeze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin down to -20s with windchills to -30s (that's Fahrenheit for the rest of the world......) Last night the furnace wouldn't kick on. Cleaned the flame sensor and that seemed to work. I'm gonna get a new one just because. Had a nice fire in the wood burner this morning. Nothing warms the bones like a good wood fire !
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 01-01-2022, 02:23 PM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
      nah it was only uphill to school... but there were wolves and polar bears we had to outrun!

High school was worse two way trip 6kms.
      NO, no, not true. You didn't have to outrun the wolves and bears. You only had to outrun the slowest one in your group. heh
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
        ..on the other hand, Today we may see a real West Coast danger: snow on the ground and warmer air coming in. A fast melt of a foot of snow with rain and a moderate gale added....avalanches later maybe for those that like mountains

Fortunately, it's not a really sub-tropical warm front by the looks of it. But I'm charging up my battery in case a slush-laden tree falls across the power lines.
        Happy New Year. meh.not starting well weatherwise.
        as long as that bit of tropical air gets to the eastern slopes of the Rockies we'll be good with that here
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Nothing warms the bones like a good wood fire !
          There is nothing truthier than this statement.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
            There is nothing truthier than this statement.
            Really??? We heated with wood for 25 years, now we don't. Yay! Yay! Yay!
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              Really??? We heated with wood for 25 years, now we don't. Yay! Yay! Yay!
              It looses it romanticism when it’s a need
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Nothing warms the bones like a good wood fire !
                And that's before you even light it...
                97 R1100R
                Previous
                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  I never thought of splitting wood as a romantic pastime. heh

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Not for me. And, they never lose their utility. A power-failure is just an inconvenience,when there's a woodstove and a stack of wood standing by. (and, if you're flush, you can buy a cord-it's value is not just "free fuel")
                    Last edited by Gorminrider; 01-02-2022, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      I never thought of splitting wood as a romantic pastime. heh
                      Maybe it helps make you feel chipper?
                      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Just got home from a week in Ohio outside Cleveland. It was surprisingly mild. The lowest temps we saw were 27 F., though as I got on the plane today, I saw that temps will be around that for a fair bit of the next week.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Just got home from a week in Ohio outside Cleveland. It was surprisingly mild. The lowest temps we saw were 27 F., though as I got on the plane today, I saw that temps will be around that for a fair bit of the next week.
                          You should come to beautiful Ohio in the summer time. I'd even have a motorcycle you could ride... 🌞
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            You should come to beautiful Ohio in the summer time. I'd even have a motorcycle you could ride... 
                            I do at times, buddy. I spent my early childhood there. Still have a sister and her family there. I was there in October of 2019 last, but was also there during the summer of 2016.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              It works both ways. I couldn't stand working in -35, but I worked a lot of years in summer heat over 100F. The hottest day I worked was in an engine room at 135 deg F. That. was toasty. lol I had to come out every 5 or 10 minutes to get a breath. heh Too old for that crap anymore though.
                              I used to suffer in the heat until I discovered how to deal with, move slowly and take more breaks. It's still uncomfortable and dangerous but slowing down and staying hydrated you can get through it. I'm too old too, don't need to do that to my body anymore.
                              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                                I used to suffer in the heat until I discovered how to deal with, move slowly and take more breaks. It's still uncomfortable and dangerous but slowing down and staying hydrated you can get through it. I'm too old too, don't need to do that to my body anymore.
                                Yeah, it's a good way to develop an understanding of conservation of energy. heh

Comment

Working...
                                X