bike not tuned correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike not tuned correctly?

been riding long enough where i want to start adding power to the bike or just getting it tuned correctly if it seems like it isnt giving all the power it could, i did a run lastnight trying to attempt a 0-60 but i didnt have enough runway to be safe so i just went to 55

from 0-40mph it took the bike 3.3 seconds, from 0-50mph it took 5 seconds flat and to 55mph it took 6.3 seconds, so from 40 to 50mph it took 1.7 seconds and from 50-55mph it took 1.3 seconds, i shift at about 40 mph so that loss of power is after i got into second gear. im just wondering if it seems like the bike is losing power at its top end or if theres something i can do to figure it out.

ive been thinking about putting an intake on the bike as my exhaust is mainly just making noise right now and id like it to do more than just that.

i remember when i first got this bike it felt like a vacuum was trying to suck me off the bike when id give it some throttle but i also had a stock exhaust on, if i think about the motor like a air pump it seems that the new exhaust has alot less pressure pushing out the motor and im guessing that could actually affect my performance.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650
Working...
X