Megacycle camshafts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megacycle camshafts???

I have Two Engines I built. Ones a 1428 and the others a 1500, Both are for Drag Racing. Used to run the Cam Motion cams many years ago. Now I just found out about MEGACYCLE CAMSHAFTS. To keep away from undersize base circle regrinds Like Web Cam which would require longer Adjuster screws which I dont like. Now these Mega cycle are hard weld stockers so Base circle is stock and shorter adjuster screws can be utilized. Wondered if anyone run these Megacycle camshafts in they're Race Drag Engines? Also never any rocker arm problems but I always ran hard reground Rockers . Cam Motions out of Business and Dont like Web Cams at all. Just wondered if anyone has ran these Mega Cycle Camshafts in any engines they built? Thanx

Megacycle cams are a well known brand who have been around for as long as i can remember and the ones i run in my Turbo funny are not welded up stockers but purpose ground ( stock base circle ) blank billets with the usual cast CW marking etc which almost all performance cam grinders used.
    Either way, i have never had any issues with them.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

I've used their cams in a lot of roadrace engines over the years. Quality has always been good in my experience.Would use again.

Comment

Ihe regrind webs with the reduced base circle are the very smallest grinds. Not enough for those big motors. Also, the really big cams have a reduced base circle to keep the nose from running off the rocker pad.
        Speed Merchant
        http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Ihe regrind webs with the reduced base circle are the very smallest grinds. Not enough for those big motors. Also, the really big cams have a reduced base circle to keep the nose from running off the rocker pad.
          Doesn't having stock base circle offer advantages? Also usually when Rockers are rewelded dont the pads get lengthened at the same time? You said reground Webs with the reduced base circles are the very smallest Cams....then you say Not enough for the Big Motors. Then...Also ,the really big cams have a reduced base circle to keep the nose from running of the rocker pad. I'm confused so you say both smallest cams as well as the largest cams have a reduced base circle also??? Hmmm Since rockers get modified cant you get a large cam with stock base circle?

Comment

The "small" Web grinds are done without welding - out of the stock cam lobes. This does limit the amount of lift achievable but is cheaper. Ok for mild street motors.

There is a point where to keep correct geometry with the rockers when using very big lifts that the base circle should be made smaller. It brings the contact patch on the followers back to where it should be.

Because I do almost exclusively roadrace and road engines I've never had to go this far. The lifts and durations I've used are quite happy with the stock base circle and stock length follower pads.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
              The "small" Web grinds are done without welding - out of the stock cam lobes. This does limit the amount of lift achievable but is cheaper. Ok for mild street motors.

There is a point where to keep correct geometry with the rockers when using very big lifts that the base circle should be made smaller. It brings the contact patch on the followers back to where it should be.

Because I do almost exclusively roadrace and road engines I've never had to go this far. The lifts and durations I've used are quite happy with the stock base circle and stock length follower pads.
              This is correct
              Speed Merchant
              http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
              X