Aftermarket dual pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket dual pipes

Has anyone found an aftermarket exhaust that will allow keeping the center stand? I have a 1983 GS750E and it't too quiet for my taste. I do believe there is value in a little more volume to help the car drivers notice me. Plus I like it louder anyhow. Years ago I had a 1983 GS1100E that I drilled the 6? indentions on the end of each pipe and that made things a little louder but I am a grown up now and I don't really want to randomly drill holes in my exhaust , but I love the center stand. I had a Bandit 1200 that someone had installed an aftermarket exhaust on and it sounded fine but it went right where the center stand was.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Soon as I posted this I realized I can probably just keep the stock header and replace the mufflers with something louder.

Comment

Vance and Hines and Marving both allow you to keep the centrestand. I think the Mac ones did too...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Vance and Hines and Marving both allow you to keep the centrestand. I think the Mac ones did too...
        OOH AWESOME! Nice bike.

Comment

Thanks. That's a Marving Race you see in the pic...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

So many of the stock exhausts are difficult to find and expensive if you do find them.
            Just a suggestion to not cut the mufflers off yours.
            Put an ad in the Parts Wanted forum. Some one may have an exhaust they want to part with or trade.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              So many of the stock exhausts are difficult to find and expensive if you do find them.
              Just a suggestion to not cut the mufflers off yours.
              Put an ad in the Parts Wanted forum. Some one may have an exhaust they want to part with or trade.
              Thanks Steve. Yes I don't want to do anything that can't be undone. I respect how old and original my bike is I do ride it so I will improve it when I can but no hacking!
              Last edited by pedalpowerceo; 01-03-2022, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Here she is. I need a seat cover!

Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpowerceo View Post
                  Can't see it without 'signing in' to Google Photos.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                    Can't see it without 'signing in' to Google Photos.
                    Dangit. I messed with trying to load it onto the forum for a while before I tried that. I'll try again when I have a computer nerd handy.

Comment

This is sadly, the best that I can do. Should have gone to college C7BC6714-8974-42BC-9BF9-0DAF3E9B404F.jpg
                      Last edited by pedalpowerceo; 01-04-2022, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X