Catalog of U.S. dragstrips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog of U.S. dragstrips

Might be old news to some folks, but sharing something a friend found, it's pretty cool: https://dragstriplist.com/u-s-drag-strips

It's a state-by-state list of dragstrips, with some (mostly) interesting facts about them.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting! There were a lot in my general area. Some that I had been aware of and others that I never knew of. Many were short-lived, especially unpaved tracks. At the big-league survivor, I was blessed to see some historic racers back in the 60's and early 70's. Earl Potter the Michigan Madman and his Chev V-8 powered bike. A friend won top bike nearly every Sat. night for the 1969 season. On a 350 Kaw Avenger that was modded a bit. It did very well against the Triumphs and HD's that showed up, but he was a very good racer. First week he took the trophy. All the rest were a 1969 US $100 bill. ($750-$800 today)
    1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Cool website, thanks for sharing.
      I looked up our local drag strip, Quaker City Dragway in Salem Ohio. I knew it has been around for years, but didn't know it was 1957 when it opened. I spent many of Sundays there when me Chuck and Bob use to race there in the 80's. I still stop by now and then during the summer when I'm out riding. I really would like to get my motorcycle back on the track again, fun times. 🌞
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

In 2018 there was a vintage bike drag (and swap meet) weekend at Quaker City which I attended, they had another one in 2019. Keep your ears open, they may be doing it again.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

seems there was two unofficial records set right at my neighboring city, i always knew there was some sort of race history here by just seeing how many classics drive all around here, and a local car show that is just full of amazing cars.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
          X