Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1977 GS750 Restoration - United Kingdom. Thanks for the welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750 Restoration - United Kingdom. Thanks for the welcome!

Hi,

Thought I'd spend the time to introduce myself as I feel I will be relying on the good people of this forum for guidance as I restore my 1977 GS750.
    I bought the bike here in the UK as a non-runner, the plan was to sort the wiring and then look at the engine knocking issue but I've had some issues with the wiring that I've posted about in the correct section of the forum.
    Quick pic of the bike below, I will be painting it black with the correct decals and it will hopefully be my summer run about.

IMG_20211028_112802_065.jpg

Thanks again,

Tom.
    1977 Suzuki GS750

Welcome to the GSR, Tom.

Nice looking bike you got there. Hope your diagnostics (and the feedback here) will help you sort out the wiring & knocking.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Now go put that petcock in the proper position. It looks to be in PRI position which will allow any fuel in the tank to flow unrestricted and cause problems.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Welcome to the mad house... I used to live in Worcestershire. Little village called Newnham Bridge.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Beautiful part of the world, right next to Tenbury Wells if I remember correctly?

The bike is a non-runner and the tank is very much empty, but I'll remember to flick the petcock over to "on" in future.
          1977 Suzuki GS750

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks BaatFam, I wasn't sure why the pic was so small
              1977 Suzuki GS750

Comment

Pics show up small unless you have them hosted on a pic sharing website like Imgur, Flickr, or Imgbb. For a further explanation see link in my signature about using Imgur/Flickr.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                X