Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good football game?

Just finished watching Chargers vs Raiders. Lost count of Chargers fourth down conversions in their fourth quarter comeback. Add in the drama of a tie being a win for everybody (except the Steelers), and it was a very memorable game.

I propose that the U.N. declare that from now on, "football" means American football, and "soccer" means that other kind.

Seriously, was that not a great game?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Classic rivalry: Raiders - Chargers

I went to bed at 10pm/EST and just checked the score.

Last time Raiders went to playoffs, it was without Derek Carr…He had that horrible leg/ankle injury. Raiders lost that game in the first round.

Raiders have already lost to Cincy in Nov at LV.

Should be a better game this time around.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-10-2022, 09:04 PM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

A crazy game for sure. Good, yes. Great, no (my opinion.) The Chargers threw a lot of incomplete passes. They also converted a bunch of forth downs...except for the one deep in their own zone (what the heck was their coatch thinking?) That one cost them 3 points, maybe the difference in the game?
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Loved it...Very enjoyable game to watch. I couldn't believe the # of dropped passes, + # of 4th dwn. conversions, I really enjoyed it. How about those TN. Titans, did they try to give their game away today in the 2nd half? Titans haven't looked that good at all, this yr., not dominant in any way, just scraping enough to squeak out wins & then getting beat by the worst NFL teams...# 1?... I'm proud of them but can't imagine how they are up there.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I for one was highly entertained by the goings-ons of the last day of the regular season. I remember the Jags/Colts score popping up early, seeing the Jags up 17-3 I believe, and started explaining the machinations of how the Steelers could make it in. Lo and behold, the Jags pulled it off, Carson Wentz will be under the microscope (again), and we're all still shaking our head at the Staley decision to go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 28 yard line, when the run game wasn't looking great.

The ONLY thing that would have made it all the weirder would have been the Chargers/Raiders game ending in a tie, and it really could have. Thank god for men's egos and competitive fire.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Alright, alright...I'm DVR'ing the game from NFL Network tonight!

I was told they could have ended in a tie but something happened that caused that decision to change.

I could not believe that JAX took command of the game like they did...did not see that WIN coming.

Never been a Steelers fan and I've grown to like the Ravens...except when they play the Raiders.

Did not expect Patriots to lose either.

The Niners/Rams game was a thriller too.

Should be an action-packed Wild Card weekend!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I went to a sports ball game once. I was wondering why play would stop so often and the guys would just wander around. Then I caught on. That's when the commercials are playing. Then they would run back and forth for a minute or two. Then hang around again. Very exciting.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

And then a guy in front of me threw up all over the people in front of him. Time out!

Comment

It's always amazed me how broke those players must be. They get out there & flip a coin before they start, then after the game starts all they are interested in is getting the "Quarter" back...
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                    It's always amazed me how broke those players must be. They get out there & flip a coin before they start, then after the game starts all they are interested in is getting the "Quarter" back...
                    Yeah, then they nickel and dime the defense guys to death.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      I went to a sports ball game once. I was wondering why play would stop so often and the guys would just wander around. Then I caught on. That's when the commercials are playing. Then they would run back and forth for a minute or two. Then hang around again. Very exciting.
                      Which sports ball game...NFL football?

I took our daughters (wife went a couple of times) to the ProBowl at Aloha Stadium for every year I was assigned at Hickam: 1999-2003. The NFL Experience was the best part for the kids...and me!

Prior NFL games was Rams playing at same stadium the Angels played and watching Eric Dickersons rookie rushing record year. I've also been to a Raiders vs Ravens game within the last 5 years.

You are right about the commercials affecting how quickly the players moved during intermission. lol

I find baseball games are more structured for commercials...their intermissions are based on three outs...and pitching changes. I grew up going to Dodgers stadium and sitting at the $8 seats. Been to see the Dodgers play the Phillies too while living here on the east coast.

My only basketball game was a Lakers game way back when they played at the Forum. I was too young to remember much except that we sat really far away from the court. Kareem, Magic, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo are some names I remember.

Hockey games are intense! My most recent trip was when the LA Kings came to town to play the Flyers. I made the solo trek from Delaware. An ex-Flyer scored the winning goal!

Oh, my memory trip lane...sorry! Time to watch the DVR game this thread is about...

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-11-2022, 06:02 PM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I went to a sports ball game once.
                        I love sports ball! It's my favorite!
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The game I went to had a famous rock drummer named flutie who was in charge of throwing the odd shaped ball.

Comment

...odd shaped ball.
                            You must be referring to soccer. Little known fact: in some (uncivilized) parts of Asia, they call soccer 'football.' Can you believe?!?

Comment

Barbarians. And some play rugby. Which they call rugby. They even let girls play. Wimpy.

Comment

Working...
                              X