No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a women's rugby game on tv recently. OMFG! Rugby is the reason I am absolutely unimpressed by american football.

I first saw rugby while visiting a friend that went to a different college. I wanted so badly to just jump in the game. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I didn't have the skill or the cahoonies necessary to play. I was reasonably sure I'd be killed.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Thanks dpep, hadn't heard that in yrs. & yrs.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Geeze!

Carr had no pocket presence.

Special Teams blunder…kick off must reach the end zone or it’s a penalty, ball placed at the 40. (Raiders)

When ref blows the whistle, play should be ruled dead.

On any given drive, if your offense commits 2 holding penalties inside opponent’s 30, makes it harder to score TD.

When trying to preserve time in the 4th qtr, passes should be completed out of bounds.

Overall, a sloppy game.

Ok, time for the next game.

If anything, Bill Belichick doesn’t tolerate rookie mistakes.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

certainly nothing there looked anywhere near Superbowl worthy. Hopefully something better this time.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Now tonight them "Bills" are looking very Superbowl worthy. Played good all season but tonight they seem to have stepped it up. If they can play rest of yr. like tonight, everyone else "BEWARE".

Comment

Josh Allen made it look easy.

5 TD passes and even got a rookie lineman involved.

Defense wins Championships and apparently, Buffalo had the #1 rated D.

If their Defense clicks and their Offense stays consistent, they may very well be a SB contender.

Congrats to Buffalo!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Buffalo looks a lot better prepared for the playoffs than they did this time last year. Last nights game was basically over when the score was 7-0 and they got that interception in the end zone and the offense took it back down field and scored. When both sides of a team get that emotional surge going they become unstoppable. That was something KC lacked last year, the emotional edge, but they where where already playing good solid football and really didn't need it. They seem to have tapped into that again this last few games and if they win tonight it'll be KC-Buffalo next weekend which could end up being one heck of a game!
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I don’t follow any sports ball teams, but I do think it would be really cool to have a PA SuperBowl. Guess we’ll know after today, but from the little I’ve read, chances aren’t great of either team getting there. I live in the middle of the state. Probably have more Steelers fans around me than Iggles fans. I would probably watch that game.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    I don’t follow any sports ball teams, but I do think it would be really cool to have a PA SuperBowl. Guess we’ll know after today, but from the little I’ve read, chances aren’t great of either team getting there. I live in the middle of the state. Probably have more Steelers fans around me than Iggles fans. I would probably watch that game.
                    I use to despise the Eagles when they cheered Cowboy's Receiver Michael Irvin's serious neck injury (1999). Never been much of a fan and now that I live in Delaware and have been to a Phillies vs Dodgers & Flyers vs Kings game, see how Philly Fans act up.

When I lived in Abilene, TX I despised the Cowboys. The local fans too were somewhat rude but not as bad as Philly Fans.

I'm not saying Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, Rams, and Charger Fans are perfect. The one type of fans that weren't rude to me were Ravens Fans for the one game I went to (solo) when the Raiders came to town in 2016.

Summary...I don't despise much these days...must be because I'm exhausted and stopped being judgmental. Now I just enjoy the games without having a conniption (hysterics) when my team loses.

Last state teams to complete in the SB (that I recall w/o google searching) I remember off the top of my head is Niners vs Chargers. Pittsburg has 6 SB wins already...I would rather see Buffalo with their first. (I'm thinking fairly but I think money has a lot to do with who goes to the SB and who wins)

These days, I just want to see an evenly balanced game...with players making spectacular plays like in yesterday's Buffalo game. They just made the game look so effortless (stress-free) and making plays when they needed to.

For today, here are my picks:

PHL @ TB - Bucs
                    SF @ DAL - Niners
                    PIT @ KC - Chiefs

I forgot one game.

EDIT: Monday's Game

AZ @ LA - Rams

I don't see Tom Brady losing even though Philly has always had a tough Defense. (He's not the WHOLE team but does make serious impact on outcome)

Dallas has been iffy in the Playoffs and that's why I give it to the Niners to pull the win.

Ben's an 18 year veteran with the same team his whole career. You've done enough and got banged up in your career.

Enjoy the games everyone.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2022, 04:34 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

"I'm thinking fairly but I think money has a lot to do with who goes to the SB and who wins."
                      (Quoted from mr. Gsxr7ed above)

Just a thought... if you ran a multi billion $$ business would you leave anything to chance?
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        "I'm thinking fairly but I think money has a lot to do with who goes to the SB and who wins."
                        (Quoted from mr. Gsxr7ed above)

Just a thought... if you ran a multi billion $$ business would you leave anything to chance?
                        I'd have a board of advisors and seasoned professionals keep me abreast of money making ventures.

But, what do I know?

What about comments on how I changed my perspective about "despising"?

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Despising, why did you bring that up. I despise that Tom Brady. Got caught red handed in the deflate gate thing & didn't have the guts to own up to it & tried to throw someone else under the bus for it, he's good enough he didn't need to do it. Hoping folks remember what kind of cheating gutless person he really is as much as they remember how good of a player he is...Go "Philli".

Comment

Dang if this isn't disappointingly depressing, 12 total yd. to 207 total yd. & 17 to 0. Kind'f figured it just not near this bad.... Please wake me before the next game starts.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                              Despising, why did you bring that up. I despise that Tom Brady. Got caught red handed in the deflate gate thing & didn't have the guts to own up to it & tried to throw someone else under the bus for it, he's good enough he didn't need to do it. Hoping folks remember what kind of cheating gutless person he really is as much as they remember how good of a player he is...Go "Philli".
                              Yeah, that whole debacle was messed up--A redirect of blame. I won't say it's like a political move...ooops! Too late.

Before that, I was bitter about the "Tuck Rule" resulting from Raiders Defense play. The rule has since been deleted.

Also, Raiders defense also started a rule where you can't advance the ball on a fumble. (Specific scenarios)

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                              Dang if this isn't disappointingly depressing, 12 total yd. to 207 total yd. & 17 to 0. Kind'f figured it just not near this bad.... Please wake me before the next game starts.
                              The Eagles are making stress plays at QB just like Derek Carr did yesterday. The urgency to catch up is taking over seeing the field of receivers.

Eagles get the ball first to start the second half. If they do not take the ball to the end zone on their first drive, a FG will only chip away at the big lead...which will result in the urgency to catch up.

I only played HS Bee football for 3 years but the concept of team playing has not left me. Every player has their own responsibility to the team. From "Hell week" to 3hr practices (M-F) and constant mentoring by coaches, the lessons are learned and require commitment to discipline.

We took League the first year I participated as a bench-warmer. Still, I learned a valuable lesson watching starters play.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2022, 03:55 PM.
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hurts is overthrowing receivers...he needs to calm down.

Dang, they had a drive going...but then overthrown passes.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2022, 04:27 PM.
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X