No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch...that muffed punt looked like the last nail, and as I was writing this, the 3rd turnover happened.

Hurts was playing well in the last 1/3 of the season, but he is looking every bit of a rookie in this game. Throwing the ball is not currently his strength.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

This game is out of control!

Time to goto Best Buy for a new TV for the front room. The 42" Panasonic Viera we bought new in 2008 is starting to flicker during play.

Ed

EDIT: Wife said, when do you want to go look at TVs...I said, "Right now!" this game is over.

Next game should be a great game like Pats/Bills.

Come on Niners!

So far, I'm 2-1 in picking the winners this Wildcard Weekend.

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2022, 04:30 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The passing juggernaut of TB thunders on! I guess it is time to start working on domestic chores.

I have no skin in the game, but I am kind of cheering for Pittsburgh and a big upset.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Five minutes left in the 3rd, TB just scored again off a turnover. Hurts looks like he's lacking confidence with his throws which is causing too many bad passes and comments made by Boomer on the TV play by play seem to confirm that. Looks like I'll avoid the $4 charge to have a pizza delivered and walk up there myself (snow last night) before the next game starts!
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

There they go again, that can't happen. Today's game different from last night... Today TB appears to look good because of how bad Eagles are playing...Last night Bills looked good because they were good, it wasn't because NE played bad enough to make them look good...Please, lets hope for something better these next 2!!!
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I sure wish Tony Romo would keep his comments to himself! He's so annoying!
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                I agree Norm! He has to be my least favorite of any color guy on TV! Jim Nance is great, but Romo SUUUUUCKS! Bring back Phil Sims!
                Ron
                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  Romo knows...just like Bo knows...lol!

He's got the inside skewp on the Cowboys...specifics...right down to the fake punt/pass for first down...and keeping the special teams on the field to try and have SF call a timeout.

These kinds of games are dramatic...Dallas is barely hanging on...pressuring the SF Defense. Will the Niners bend?

Oh, BTW...We got a New TV!!! 65" LG NanoCell, True Colors in Real 4K. Wife let me pick what I wanted...man, I love her! Used my Tacoma Sport to bring it home...and it started snowing on the way home!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                    Despising, why did you bring that up. I despise that Tom Brady. Got caught red handed in the deflate gate thing & didn't have the guts to own up to it & tried to throw someone else under the bus for it, he's good enough he didn't need to do it. Hoping folks remember what kind of cheating gutless person he really is as much as they remember how good of a player he is...Go "Philli".
                    "I mis-interpreted the rrrules. Repeat after me: I mis-interpreted the rrrules."
                    Prof. Cartmanez teaching the class to cheat like Bill Belichick.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      There they go again, that can't happen. Today's game different from last night... Today TB appears to look good because of how bad Eagles are playing...Last night Bills looked good because they were good, it wasn't because NE played bad enough to make them look good...Please, lets hope for something better these next 2!!!
                      The Eagles lost more than Tampa Bay won and although TB scored well it'll be a different story while facing a stronger defensive team.

As to the San Francisco/Dallas game it'll go down in history as the WORST possible decision Prescott could have made on their final play, that and inappropriate touching on the part of the ref!
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

To answer my own question, yes, this was a good football game. I mean sports ball.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Dallas is out.... next to go? Steelers! Let's go Kansas City 👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Man!

These two games (Raiders & Cowboys) must be a contest of who can lose the worse...OMG!

I'm going to reference Joe Montana & Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense.

2-Minute Offense means making plays and going out of bounds to stop the clock. Neither Derek Carr nor Dak Prescott got the memo.

I'm 3-1 now with the last of today's triple header.

70% of America believes the Chiefs have it...so Ben has his work cut out for him.

What a way to end the weekend! I'll try and stay up tonight.

I work tomorrow but I'll try and stay up past 10pm Monday Night to watch AZ @ LA with an 8:15pm EST start.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-16-2022, 11:16 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I've got to pull for Steelers, they win, they come to Nashville to face Titans. My opinion, Steelers should be less trouble for Titans than the Bengals, who come here if Steelers lose....
                              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Oh well, guess I'll go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X