X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My exact sentiment...going to bed now!

My record this weekend: 4-1

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Looks like only one game was competitive . Dallas versus San Francisco ..... See what happens Monday night now .....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

One great (sports ball) game Saturday, and one great game Sunday. I can live with that. As long as Monday's game is great.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yep, pretty boring weekend. Hoping things get better tonight, I don't have a favorite just wanting a good competitive game.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            One great (sports ball) game Saturday, and one great game Sunday. I can live with that. As long as Monday's game is great.
            OMG!

If you call it "Sports Ball" again! LOLOLOL!!!

We're all American here that call it "Football"...not "futbol". (Not speaking for any other country)

Back to the game analysis.

I would imagine Dallas fans are more upset than Raiders fans. Raider Fans can't complain about the Refs having anything to do with an interception in the end zone.

But Raider fans can complain about the Ref blowing the whistle on the passing play where Cincy QB stepped out of bounds while throwing a TD pass. Apparently, the down should have been replayed and the TD nullified.

ALSO, that special Teams play where the return kick-off receiver down the ball inside the 5 as opposed to letting it go out-of-bounds for a penalty placing the ball on the 40. It's back to BASICS in those team meetings!

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda!

My belief is, the team has 3 quarters to get their act together, review plays on their Surface laptops and learn from their mistakes. I have high expectations because these guys get paid a lot of money to play...and it's their job + they're professionals!

Dallas couldn't get their act together...consistently. Teams can't rely on their Defense to bail them out too often...they get tired! That's why it's crucial that the Offense stay on the field and get 2-3 First Downs and score...TD preferred but FG as a last resort.

Tonight's match-up has a veteran QB in the Rams who is finally on a Playoff squad...and a young QB in the Cardinals who scrambles quickly creating havoc for Rams Defense.

Looking forward to a Rams with...but, that's why we watch the game.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

But Raider fans can complain about the Ref blowing the whistle on the passing play where Cincy QB stepped out of bounds while throwing a TD pass. Apparently, the down should have been replayed and the TD nullified.

?? what am I missing? some ref prematurely blew a whistle.
              nothing was thrown 'out of bounds'
              educate me
              1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                educate me
                There was a play on a TD pass where a referee blew a whistle thinking Burrow had stepped out of bounds, but nobody heard it. It didn't matter that he really did not step out of bounds. By rule, the play should have been scrubbed and re-played, but the refs conferenced and let it stand.

It has been announced that particular crew will not be officiating any more playoff games this time around.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  There was a play on a TD pass where a referee blew a whistle thinking Burrow had stepped out of bounds, but nobody heard it. It didn't matter that he really did not step out of bounds. By rule, the play should have been scrubbed and re-played, but the refs conferenced and let it stand.

It has been announced that particular crew will not be officiating any more playoff games this time around.
                  ok thanx.
                  so because the refs blew it ... rules state the play should be repeated (regardless of fantastic play)
                  that seems totally backwards re replay technology today !

(translation ... %$#& the Raiders !! )
                  1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                    educate me
                    Apparently, the ref blew the whistle thinking the QB stepped out of bounds...which stops the play. That's the action called into review.

I'm not up on the rules but that's what the commentators were discussing. That's about all I know: I read this here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ight-came-next
                    Errant whistle on Cincy touchdown

NFL rule 7, Section 2, Article 1(m) states: "[W]hen an official sounds the whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately." In this case, the rule goes on to state: "If the ball is in player possession, the team in possession may elect to put the ball in play where it has been declared dead or to replay the down."The touchdown should not have counted, and the play should have been replayed. It is not reviewable. Players often stop playing when they hear a whistle, and it's inherently unfair to allow post-whistle action to count.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

ok, thanks for that.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                      Apparently, the ref blew the whistle thinking the QB stepped out of bounds...which stops the play. That's the action called into review.

I'm not up on the rules but that's what the commentators were discussing. That's about all I know: I read this here:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ight-came-next
                      Errant whistle on Cincy touchdown

NFL rule 7, Section 2, Article 1(m) states: "[W]hen an official sounds the whistle erroneously while the ball is still in play, the ball becomes dead immediately." In this case, the rule goes on to state: "If the ball is in player possession, the team in possession may elect to put the ball in play where it has been declared dead or to replay the down."The touchdown should not have counted, and the play should have been replayed. It is not reviewable. Players often stop playing when they hear a whistle, and it's inherently unfair to allow post-whistle action to count.

Ed

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

It never seemed right that some "things" can be reviewed & corrected but other "things" can not. It seems if you want to correct the bad calls, you should correct everything, baseball is the same way, but worse. Aw shucks, Rams just scored again, looks like getting close to bedtime.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Try and make it another quarter. Never know what could happen in Sports Ball! (I mean foot ball).
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

GMorning Gentlemen, (and I use that term loosely!) lol

Heck, I went to bed at 9pm-ish when the Rams were about to score their second TD. I DVR'd it so I can watch it later today.

I also DVR'd the Raiders game and I think I was a bit harsh on Derek Carr. That's the fan expectation coming out of me. It was actually closer than I previously talked about.

My weekend guesses went by way of 5-1 with the only loss being the Raiders. I went with my heart...

Divisional Rounds are next with games on both Saturday & Sunday. These are gonna be a little harder to predict who will win.

Enjoy your Taco Tuesday.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

The Rams looked solid last night and it was great to see they got their starting running back into the mix, it changed the complexion of the entire offense last night. Stafford is a great QB but having watched him in Detroit he can get sloppy when forced to run a one dimensional offense and he tends to rely too much on one receiver as can be seen by the numbers Cooper Cupp has put up this year.

When Calvin Johnson retired that was the boat the Lions where in, Stafford had to start spreading the ball around to other receivers which actually improved the offense. Then he was hitting Golden Tate way too much and they started losing, when the Lions traded Tate he started to spread the passes around again which again made the offense better all around.

I'm going to pick the Packers at home to win over the 49'rs, that ones pretty much a no-brainer. The Bills at KC is going to be a GREAT match up and it'll be a matter of which team brings the better defense to the field that day. The other two games are anybodies guess although I'd love to see Tampa Bay get knocked out just because Tom Brady tends to act like a whiny little prima donna from time to time.
                              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

2021 Divisional Round

^^Good points on Stafford...he's not a scrambler and can be inaccurate when he runs out of the pocket. The Rams offense spent a lot of time on the field against the Cards giving the Rams more play time.

If the Rams Defense can get after Brady & stop the run, they may have a chance. I've rarely seen that happen in a Brady led Playoff game. My heart says Rams but Stafford has to play a Great game with only 1 playoff win in his career. I'm going with time-proven QB from the Bucs for the Win.

Cincy at Tennesse...haven't really watched Tennessee...saw report that Titans Defense is ranked 25th against the pass. Watch out for Ja'Marr Chase. I'm picking the visiting team.

SF at GB - Man, I've always enjoyed these games. Should be a great match-up. I'm going with SF for the win.

Sunday Night wraps up with Buffalo at KC. Is it the Bills year to get to the Conference Final? This is tough to pick but I'm going with the home team.

That's 2 visiting teams and 2 home teams for the win. I went 5-1 last weekend with my only loss being the Raiders at Cincy.

Enjoy the games!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X