No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD goes for it on 4th and 2 on their own 18 yard line and don’t make it. That is crazy! Raiders only got FG out of it.

Like has been said, lots of dropped passes. Several missed completions too on both sides.

I’m at the 2 minute warning of 4th Qtr, getting to the good part.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Unbelievable final drive by the Chargers!

Ed

EDIT: 19 plays on SD’s final scoring drive!
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-12-2022, 05:29 AM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Raiders barely made that field goal!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

What a mistake for SD to take a Time Out.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            And then a guy in front of me threw up all over the people in front of him. Time out!
            Luckily, I've not sat near people (that this happened to) that would have traumatized me when I was young. As an adult, I probably would have laughed so long as I didn't get remnants on me.

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            It's always amazed me how broke those players must be. They get out there & flip a coin before they start, then after the game starts all they are interested in is getting the "Quarter" back...
            Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
            Yeah, then they nickel and dime the defense guys to death.
            You guys are funny!

And Rob, I lived in England (married a Scottish girl) and was basically schooled/reminded that you kick the ball with your foot...hence, "football". The only time the ball is kicked in the NFL is during kickoffs & punts.

And Rugby is a man's game...why do NFL players have to wear pads? Oh, those European (England is Europe) in-laws...lol

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Had Raiders let it end in tie, they would of had to play the Chiefs and Chargers would of hosted the Bengals...and Steelers would be out!

Not saying the Bengals are a roll-over type of team but out of them the two, the Chiefs, was not the best option to play in the first round.

Apparently, this scenario (as bizarre as it is) has never happened. The Colts loss created such a stir.

Looking forward to a great WildCard Weekend starting with LV at CIN this Saturday.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I assume you all fear the possibility of your team running into the buffalo bills. Well, good luck. Although the cigarette smoking man from the x files said they would never win the super cup, the world is upside down these days.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Bills win their 1st SB….they’ve been to plenty of them!

It’s a different Pats team for sure…I saw the weather report for Buffalo on Saturday’s game, 11F!

That is bone-chilling temps to play in…All games will be exciting to watch!

Looking forward to the first game on Saturday: Go Raiders!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-13-2022, 05:53 PM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I remember when the Bills lost four Super Bowls in a row ('91-'94).
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Gotta admit I was hoping they'd do it back then. Folks are easier to get along with when their team does well.

I will be watching if it snows really hard. Make them earn their money amirite?
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        An achievement I don't think we'll ever see again by any franchise. Just getting to consecutive superbowls is mind-blowingly difficult
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                          An achievement I don't think we'll ever see again by any franchise. Just getting to consecutive superbowls is mind-blowingly difficult
                          Minnesota has done it 4 times but not consecutively. The Broncos were 0-4 for a while but then finally broke out!

I'll be honest...I'm rooting for Buffalo tomorrow. After that, we shall see who the next opponent is...but for tomorrow, GO BILLS! lol

RAIDERS should make it interesting...last time Cincy played the Raiders (they were LA Raiders) in Playoffs, Bo Jackson dislocated his hip but the Raiders won.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-14-2022, 07:59 PM.
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                            It's always amazed me how broke those players must be. They get out there & flip a coin before they start, then after the game starts all they are interested in is getting the "Quarter" back...
                            What it was was football.

Here is the late, great Andy Griffith in one of his earliest and most popular routines.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

^^^
                              OMG, Andy Griffith!

As a little boy growing up in LA in the early 70s, I listened intently as English is my second language. You wouldn't know it now because I've been primarily speaking it since.

Back to this weekends games...

Looks like possible snow in Cincy: Hi 34F Low 19F

Buffalo temps are ridiculously cold for an 8:15pm start. Hi 13F Low 3F

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                Barbarians. And some play rugby. Which they call rugby. They even let girls play. Wimpy.
                                I played rugby at Purdue (it was a student club sport, not an "official" university sports team).

I have never had the dishonor of spending time with a more demented and depraved group of utter drunken degenerates. I played tuba in high school and early college, and if you didn't know already, brass sections, especially trombonists, are seriously twisted. And they could not achieve anything close to the depths of shameless villainy natural to a rugby club.

We were perpetually on double secret probation; one of the milder offenses was for putting up photocopied XXX rated recruitment posters all over campus. Although I think the university would have nuked the club for good if they had discovered the medical supplies at the sideline consisted of a cooler of beer (Purdue is a strictly dry campus). Or any of the horrific drunken acts committed with university vehicles on the way to matches.

After the second, or maybe it was the fourth concussion (can't recall for sure for some odd reason...), the last where I hit the ground so hard it burst both ear drums, I wobbled back to my dorm room (medical beer in hand) mostly deaf with bleeding ears and my roomie called my Mom to take me to the ER.

Anyway, this batch of rough-and-tumble, devil-may-care lads? We were terrified of the Purdue women's rugby club. Rippling with muscle, discipline, and steely-eyed determination, the lady's squad would have easily and joyfully annihilated us, and we knew it.

Anyway, as to the actual topic: I saw most of that game but turned it off and went to bed. I enjoy seeing a well-played hard-fought game in any sport, but that was an unfunny comedy of errors start to finish. I didn't particularly care who won, either. I guess I like seeing skill and strategy in action, but a bunch of stupid mistakes, penalties, and weird decisions is frustrating, not entertaining. Just quit farting around, showboating and getting people hurt and play the damn game already.

I guess that's much of why I don't enjoy NBA basketball or MLB baseball; it's a collection of zillionaires showboating with zero team cohesion and no other goals besides getting screen time and adding to their own stats so they can get more money, sponsorships, and fame. Football, by necessity, is still partially a team sport.
                                Last edited by bwringer; 01-15-2022, 11:07 AM.
                                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                                X