No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been sitting here listening to these folks blaming Tannehill. He didn't play his best at all. But if Vrable had have kicked the extra point, early in the game, then on their last possession, they wouldn't have been trying to get far enough down the field for a field goal, only 1st downs to run out the clock. And on that decision, don't see any noticeable difference in being ahead 7 to 6, or 8 to 6, but.........It is what it is, just didn't play good enough.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Ooh, Now that looks like a #1 seed.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Been sitting here listening to these folks blaming Tannehill. He didn't play his best at all. But if Vrable had have kicked the extra point, early in the game, then on their last possession, they wouldn't have been trying to get far enough down the field for a field goal, only 1st downs to run out the clock. And on that decision, don't see any noticeable difference in being ahead 7 to 6, or 8 to 6, but.........It is what it is, just didn't play good enough.
        That’s one of the reasons I have tried to reduce my stress level for my team winning.

We expect so much from our teams and when they lose, it becomes so trivial in reasoning their loss.

Turnovers are unpredictable but when they happen as they did for Titans, all you can do is scratch your head.

That 2-point conversion decision was on the coach. Other than that, it was an evenly played game based on the tied score.

Ed

OMG, Niners are already down. Geeze!!!
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I thought Bengals played a noticeable better game than Titans, for me the game didn't seem near as close as the score...Waaay better games today than last wk., Hopefully the same tomorrow. Both SF & GB played like Superbowl contenders. Either team in 2nd. game would have romped over either team in 1st game. Titans out, all I have to hope for is Brady to lose. Now I see why I don't bet on games, so far 0 for 2.

Comment

That was some game at Lambeau Field!

It had all the dramatics I expected.

I did not do updates like I did for first game because I had a family matter going on in SoCal.

Only these two teams can continue to create such bizarre scenarios in a Divisional/Conference Final.

Rodgers is 0-4 against the Niners in Playoff/Championship play. Not something I wished upon him but that is going to sting for a long time.

My 2021 NFL Playoff record so far after two weekends with two to go: 6-2

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-23-2022, 05:41 AM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Rodgers is 0-4 against the Niners in Playoff/Championship play. Not something I wished upon him but that is going to sting for a long time.
              Ed

I think it's karma for Rogers' deceiving his teammates and the public.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                I think it's karma for Rogers' deceiving his teammates and the public.
                Could be bad karma. But...it's a team effort.

Niners Special Teams made two key plays: Blocked FG attempt to end the 2nd Qtr and blocked punt return for TD to tie the game.

That block return for TD sucked the life out of the GB crowd and the Packers.

EDIT: GB Special Teams only had 10 men on the field for the final play.

Okay, time to analyze the 2 games for today...

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-23-2022, 09:45 AM.
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Robbie Gould....11 years a Bear. When they let him go, in '16(?), the whole city was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed.

The guy knows how to kick in the cold....And he has played the Packers many times.
                  I am sure he feels good about beating them. I know I feel great about it.

Couldn't click on this thread, or any media, until I watched the game this morning.
                  Just finished, and it was glorious.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Robbie Gould....11 years a Bear. When they let him go, in '16(?), the whole city was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed.

The guy knows how to kick in the cold....And he has played the Packers many times.
                    I am sure he feels good about beating them. I know I feel great about it.

Couldn't click on this thread, or any media, until I watched the game this morning.
                    Just finished, and it was glorious.
                    It was a crazy game...I fell asleep on the couch watching it and woke up to see the result.

I rewatched the last quarter this morning from my DVR.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Green Bay deserved to lose that game! S.F. had -12 yards rushing, 0 completed passes through most of the second quarter. That senenero would be a gift to any Super Bowl contention teem!

As a Browns fan, I feel for the Packers fans. You think you have the game won. Only to get your hart ripped out of your chest!
                      Also, as a Browns fan, I have to pull for the Cincinnati Bengals. (We beat them twice this year) haha
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Alright,

both offenses have had a possession with the Rams scoring FG on their first drive—Bucs stalled.

Brady is getting warmed up. Rams “D” had good DB coverage. Can they continue covering and force Brady into bad passing? Let’s find out.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-23-2022, 04:22 PM.
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

10-0...................
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

So, interception then drive for their first TD with 3.5 minutes left in first Qtr.

Alright, alright, alright.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

EDIT: I was posting these updates in the wrong thread.

Wow!

I read a story about Cooper Kupp…he credits his wife for his success.

Good job Rams!

17-3 at 14:13 in the 2nd Qtr.

Ed

Tampa is very frustrated.

Heck, Tom Brady can’t catch a break with evidence bloody lip.

20-3 Rams

Ed

Fortunate turnover for the Bucs.

First half, all Rams.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Third Qtr and the Bucs are still not able to get a drive going.

With 5:05 remaining, long pass to Gronk!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X