2 years - RIP Sportster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Both my hips were broken (one dislocated) as well as numerous other injuries, but it's the nerve damage that grounded me ('foot drop').
    Wow. SO whats the prognosis? You be able to ride again?

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
      Wow. SO whats the prognosis? You be able to ride again?
      Not likely.......
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Both my hips were broken (one dislocated) as well as numerous other injuries, but it's the nerve damage that grounded me ('foot drop').
        I physio helping?
        No signature

Comment

I walked two miles yesterday, but nerves don't really regrow. This is as close as I've gotten:

image by Bob Wayne, on Flickr
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

damn its really is in the living room.
            for some reason I thought youd look like the lead singer of TOTO.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Rob, you have the kickstand on a brick...on wood floor. Whats up with that?

Any place you can store that outside?

Comment

Rob, you have the kickstand on a brick...on wood floor. Whats up with that?

Any place you can store that outside?
                The brick? It's below zero with the chill! You think I'd do that to a brick?

And yeah, you're right - it should be on carpet (the front wheel is). This puppy didn't have a centerstand when I bought it nine years ago, and I haven't missed it a bit (I have a paddock stand). I like to store my bikes as upright as possible.

If you look at my avatar, you'll see she likes to keep her tootsies warm on carpet. And if you look right next to my sneaker, you'll see where my Sporty spun her wheel trying to get over the threshold.

Comment

The brick? It's below zero with the chill! You think I'd do that to a brick?

And yeah, you're right - it should be on carpet (the front wheel is). This puppy didn't have a centerstand when I bought it nine years ago, and I haven't missed it a bit (I have a paddock stand). I like to store my bikes as upright as possible.

If you look at my avatar, you'll see she likes to keep her tootsies warm on carpet. And if you look right next to my sneaker, you'll see where my Sporty spun her wheel trying to get over the threshold.
                  If you can't use your feet very well maybe a big scooter is in order? Pacific Coast?

How long were you out of work?

Comment

If you can't use your feet very well maybe a big scooter is in order? Pacific Coast?

How long were you out of work?
                    LOL, Rob has made his anti-scooter feelings VERY clear.
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                      LOL, Rob has made his anti-scooter feelings VERY clear.
                      He's also made those feelings clear as to any other alternative that's been presented which is why it's highly likely he'll never ride again!
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                        He's also made those feelings clear as to any other alternative that's been presented which is why it's highly likely he'll never ride again!
                        BINGO. Personally, I'd have zero issue with riding one of these if my legs were no longer capable of serving all of their functions. But Rob seems less interested in actually getting back out in the breeze than reflecting on a life lived well-which is fine.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          BINGO. Personally, I'd have zero issue with riding one of these if my legs were no longer capable of serving all of their functions. But Rob seems less interested in actually getting back out in the breeze than reflecting on a life lived well-which is fine.

https://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/?u...hoCzvoQAvD_BwE
                          The Yamaha website still has the 2019 Nikken listed as a "new" bike along side the latest 2022 offerings, it's surprising to see someone else getting into a market where the original concept clearly isn't something people want. Then again, Suzuki still has 2018 Vstroms listed new as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                            The Yamaha website still has the 2019 Nikken listed as a "new" bike along side the latest 2022 offerings, it's surprising to see someone else getting into a market where the original concept clearly isn't something people want. Then again, Suzuki still has 2018 Vstroms listed new as well.
                            Tilting Motorworks started in the early 2000's. They've been around a while.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Tilting Motorworks started in the early 2000's. They've been around a while.

https://generationeight.co/tilting-motor-works-guide/
                              Interesting! Guess I thought Yamaha was first, kinda like the SoftTail frames that where advertised in Easy riders a couple of years before they where on the HD showroom floor.

Comment

I really like their story, and, if they are still in business when the time comes for me to add a wheel to the equation, their design and execution will get my business.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X