No announcement yet.

2 years - RIP Sportster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff. I still can't believe the Reliant Robin was allowed on the road. Any 3 wheeler with 2 in the back is just asking for it IMO.

For a laugh check out what fun Jeremy Clarkson had in them on YouTube.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Tilting Motorworks started in the early 2000's. They've been around a while.

https://generationeight.co/tilting-motor-works-guide/
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I have had my future three-wheeler picked out for several years now. I would like to have one now just because it is so damn trick.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

BINGO. Personally, I'd have zero issue with riding one of these if my legs were no longer capable of serving all of their functions.

https://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/?u...hoCzvoQAvD_BwE
        oh heeeelll yes. That looks cool. chit, I'd even ride a Hardly version!
        Last edited by ptegsotic; 01-17-2022, 07:59 PM.
        1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
          Good stuff. I still can't believe the Reliant Robin was allowed on the road. Any 3 wheeler with 2 in the back is just asking for it IMO.

Only fools and horses UK comedy
          Also a poor nemesis to Mr beans mini
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
            If you can't use your feet very well maybe a big scooter is in order? Pacific Coast?

How long were you out of work?
            "Work"? What's that?

In 2014 I was teaching (part time) at the local community college. Haven't worked full time in about 30 years (I'm allergic to it).

I was in hospital for four months as a result of the Sportster incident.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

And yet... thousands of drivers did millions of miles in them without incident.
              It's only the likes of unfunny twats like Clarkson seem to have a problem with them. He had to work hard to make one tilt over - is that what you're referring to? I recall he had the car heavily weighted to one side.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                It's only the likes of unfunny twats like Clarkson seem to have a problem with them. He had to work hard to make one tilt over - is that what you're referring to? I recall he had the car heavily weighted to one side.
                While I used to enjoy Top Gear with my dad back in the day, with my dad having passed on and time having outed Clarkson for the chode he is, I found even the first episode of Grand Tour unwatchable. So pretentious and full of posturing, with canned humor that couldn't make the Joker laugh, it shows that that sort of program has had its day and needs to be pushed off into some quarry for burying.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

While I used to enjoy Top Gear with my dad back in the day, with my dad having passed on and time having outed Clarkson for the chode he is, I found even the first episode of Grand Tour unwatchable. So pretentious and full of posturing, with canned humor that couldn't make the Joker laugh, it shows that that sort of program has had its day and needs to be pushed off into some quarry for burying.
                  My dislike of the show is the poisoned dwarf. He raved once about american makers no doing luxury. Guess booster seat are an option everywhere else.
                  Yeah and clarksons an oaf.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Eh I can take or leave Clarkson, he's worn out his schtick and of course I knew it was staged to make it look worse. Still had some funny moments, taken in small doses I got a chuckle. And it seems that layout is a bit sketchy, I wouldn't want to take evasive measures at speed in one. I drove flat out dangerous cars most of my life without incident but chalk a fair bit up to dumb luck, the other to skill driving.

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                    '79 GS100E
                    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                      My dislike of the show is the poisoned dwarf. He raved once about american makers no doing luxury. Guess booster seat are an option everywhere else.
                      Yeah and clarksons an oaf.
                      They are all toxic to me anymore, though James May is possibly the least obnoxious.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Eh I can take or leave Clarkson, he's worn out his schtick and of course I knew it was staged to make it look worse. Still had some funny moments, taken in small doses I got a chuckle. And it seems that layout is a bit sketchy, I wouldn't want to take evasive measures at speed in one. I drove flat out dangerous cars most of my life without incident but chalk a fair bit up to dumb luck, the other to skill driving.
                        Urban dense traffic crawlers.
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          "Work"? What's that?

In 2014 I was teaching (part time) at the local community college. Haven't worked full time in about 30 years (I'm allergic to it).

I was in hospital for four months as a result of the Sportster incident.
                          So you don't ride and you don't work.

I guess I should say you WON'T ride and WON'T work. Sounds like a great life. Enjoy fishing

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                            So you don't ride and you don't work.

I guess I should say you WON'T ride and WON'T work. Sounds like a great life. Enjoy fishing
                            It is what it is. Adios.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              It is what it is. Adios.
                              ... just how many notches you got on that belt, so far?
                              1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                                ... just how many notches you got on that belt, so far?
                                Talking about the ignore list? Several.

High speed crashes? Several

Nicks in nerves that render my left ankle 'one way only' ? Only my orthopedic surgeon knows for sure, and all he says is, "I didn't cause that! I found it that way!" (I think he found out that all my brothers and all my cousins are lawyers.)

Comment

Working...
                                X